OnlyU, what can you tell us Utah fans?

Viewing 2 reply threads
      13 1

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I know that you can’t talk about injuries, since Whitt keeps that all close to the vest. But, how are you feeling about the team and the game on Thursday? Do you see some breakout players that most fans had not expected to be key players this season?

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

I’m really excited to watch this defense play. I think we’ll be able to pressure just about every QB we play.

For the first time in maybe forever, I don’t completely fear a mobile QB because I think we have the speed outside at DE to contain as well as the size to hold/set the edge. We’re 5 deep at DT with 300 pounders. We have NFL safeties and NFL backers and likely a corner too . Young at nickel but fast and very talented.

I just feel like there is so much we can do defensively…it’s as versatile as I can ever remember us being. Team speed on D might be right up there as well.

I expect the O-line to be very good. Maybe some growing pains from Fano but he’ll get up up speed very quickly because he’s next to a bunch of experienced guys who will help him. Tons of depth. JQJ is special, Bernard is experienced and dangerous and we are very deep behind them. I also think this is the best “group of 6” at WR we’ve maybe ever had. Plenty of better individuals over the years but top to bottom this should be a productive group when called upon. Excited to watch Pittman, Vele and Parks play together along with a pretty capable Yaz and eventually an uber talented BK.

Playing a top SEC program in the RES!!! I can’t wait for Thursday!

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Thanks, OnlyU. This makes me even more excited about our defense.

Go Utes!!!

BoiseUTE
        Ute Fan
        @slarson150

Wow thanks for the update OnlyU got me a lot more excited for Thursday more.

Let Go UTES!!

22Ute22
          Ute Fan
          @utedagoat

What did he say? I can’t see his response.

1 3

22Ute22
      Ute Fan
      @utedagoat

He’s not gonna answer 😭

Edit: it says he responded, but I don’t see his response?

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Pittman is my breakout guy on offense. Cam’s knee is sound but that doesn’t mean they’ll let him play…still a GT decision. I think O’Toole will be my breakout guy on D…but Vaki should have an excellent year. I like Tafuna in the middle and Barton is a freak.

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

I hope Pittman has a breakout season. His stats have not been overwhelming so far. But, I understand he has been injured most of his college career. Many are talking about O’Toole and Vaki. It sounds like they are ready to deliver.

My concern with the unknown at QB is – who is getting the reps in practice? If it is truly a game-time decision, then Cam must be in the mix and needs the reps. However, if Barnes is going to be the guy, the game plan needs to be centered around him and he needs the reps. Will we be adequately prepared?

Onlyu
            Ute Fan
            @uf8fl

Nate/BB have been splitting reps all camp and game plans are already in place dependent on who that is.. Cam playing 7 on 7 no contact type stuff for timing. 2 of the 3 QB’s play on Thurs…the benefit being they’ve had 4 weeks vs. 1 in season following an injury.

Whoever it is will have a plan tailored to his skill set.

Redblood
              Ute Fan
              @redblood

Are you concerned about Whit saying there are 6 guys who are 50/50 in terms of playing the game? Obviously Cam and Kuithe are two of them. Another four could be devastating against the talent that Florida has?

Onlyu
                Ute Fan
                @uf8fl

Won’t be 4 beyond Cam/BK (if not cleared)…we’re trending well there.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Unblock him

22Ute22
          Ute Fan
          @utedagoat

How do I do that? I don’t remember blocking him in the first place.

salUTE
            Ute Fan
            @salute

You most likely blocked him by mistake.

go to the top of the site – click on HUB – then select BLOCKED USERS – and then unblock the poster.

Tony (admin)
              Admin/Founder
              @admin

Yes. That’s the way to view/remove blocked users on the website. The app is different. In the next few months those will both be merged. 🙂

Duhwayne
                Ute Fan
                @duhwayne

Is there a possibility to move the block button to the left of the FB and Twitter buttons? I have blocked most people I have wanted to upvote over the years and have gotten pretty good and unblocking people at this point. I’ve even learned you can’t block Tony. ;-D

22Ute22
              Ute Fan
              @utedagoat

Thank you 🙏🏽

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football OnlyU, what can you tell us Utah fans?