homer
      Ute Fan
      @homer

Damien Martinez.
      Utes could use his talent. I could see him being the primary RB

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

He is an excellent running back. This would be an amazing get if he chose to come here to Utah.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Rumors that Martinez was offered $400k to stay at OSU that he didn’t take and that OSU has Jam Griffen as a RB1 at a much less price point, so you have to let Martinez walk.

Ute Dub
          Ute Fan
          @chestercopperpot

That said, doubtful Utah puts that much NIl into one guy.

Extra Medium
      Ute Fan
      @runningreddude

I hope we reach out. He’s a BALLER. If he could be the every down back with Bernard playing his role. Glover in for clean up. That would be awesome.

We need more help at LB, a legit back-up QB, and more depth in the secondary.

It will be interesting to see if we lose a few guys after the Spring Game. Seems like a few freshman bail every year after Spring workouts.

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

Dude is a stud. I have coveted him for awhile, and wondered how the Utes missed on getting him originally. Also somewhat expected him (and the other top players there) to transfer given the conference’s demise.

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

Has he cleared up his legal issues?

homer
        Ute Fan
        @homer

IDK. Thamel: He was set to make >$400k at OSU

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

NarfUte
          Ute Fan
          @narfute

Nice, hope Utah goes after him!

1 8

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

I was paying attention to Martinez all off season. Unpopular opinion but Utah should have paid him instead of Rising.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Martinez is the Beavers’ best player, by far. I mean he’s an NFL talent. I always thought it was shocking that he didn’t follow Jonathan Smith to Michigan State.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Maybe for a skill player, but they had a couple dudes on the OL that I think are better, especially their right tackle, all American second team.

But you probably meant of their guys coming back, Fuaga is NFL bound.

belli1976
      Ute Fan
      @belli1976

He would be a great pick up.

Hopefully, the DUI may deter some bigger names. Even if he was never charged.

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

He is a great RB no doubt. Whitt has been good at managing second chances, however so soon after TT he may still have some PTSD related to player issues. Oregon is more lenient than Utah with a limit of .8 vs .5 in Utah. I went to a game at Oregon a few years ago and I was quite surprised to stop at a gas station with a deli and next to the cashier was a beer tap sticking out of the wall and you could get a draft to go in a solo cup. Small town, parking at the pump.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football OSU Beaver RB in TP