Other than Lloyd and Covey, are there any other players

Viewing 3 reply threads

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

you would expect to leave after this season?

MineralUte
      Ute Fan
      @mineralute

My guess is that Kuithe will be gone, too.

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

Yeah I thought about that too. I just wonder if one more year would help him out in his draft stock. Especially if Rising continues to get better.

Ghost of the HEB
          Ute Fan
          @deseretgentlman

Depends on his draft grades this off-season. If it appears he’ll at least be a mid rounder he gone. If he’s getting borderline late round/UDFA grades we’ll probably see him back. The way the offense and his usage is trending, I think it’s more likely he’s gone.

Could also see Nick Ford declaring for the draft. He probably could’ve gotten himself drafted last year, and he’ll likely get decent grades again. p>

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Kuithe is gone, Ford is Gone, Tafua is gone. All three will leave early. UNLESS, its a Devin Lloyd situation where coming back would move them from a 3rd rounder to a 1st rounder. Maybe Mika comes back. But, I would bet Ford and Kuithe are gone after this year either way.

Ute_tastic
      Ute Fan
      @ctbo139pk

What makes you think that Covey won’t return for his super senior year?

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

He’s dropped a few hints that it’s time to move on.

SkinyUte
          Ute Fan
          @skinyute

I wonder if Covey’s decision will hinge on how the season plays out.  I imagine he’s having lots more fun now that we have an actual QB and he’s such an integral part of the offense.

Wilson’s Mustache
          Ute Fan
          @sigmaute

Not sure why he would walk away. He seems like the type that would take advantage of the scholarship to continue his education.

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

There was an interview he did (I think with Bill Reilly) where he basically said this will be his final year. I can’t remember exactly what he said but it was pretty clear that he wants a Pac12 Championship this year because it’ll be his last chance.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Other than Lloyd and Covey, are there any other players