Other than Lloyd and Covey, are there any other players

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • utah football Next: ROSE BOWL vs college football - Sat 1/1/22 - 3PM - ESPN

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

you would expect to leave after this season?

MineralUte
        Ute Fan
        @mineralute

My guess is that Kuithe will be gone, too.

Larry B
          Ute Fan
          @larryb

Yeah I thought about that too. I just wonder if one more year would help him out in his draft stock. Especially if Rising continues to get better.

Ghost of the HEB
            Ute Fan
            @deseretgentlman

Depends on his draft grades this off-season. If it appears he’ll at least be a mid rounder he gone. If he’s getting borderline late round/UDFA grades we’ll probably see him back. The way the offense and his usage is trending, I think it’s more likely he’s gone.

Could also see Nick Ford declaring for the draft. He probably could’ve gotten himself drafted last year, and he’ll likely get decent grades again. p>

Utah5410
        Ute Fan
        @utah5410

Kuithe is gone, Ford is Gone, Tafua is gone. All three will leave early. UNLESS, its a Devin Lloyd situation where coming back would move them from a 3rd rounder to a 1st rounder. Maybe Mika comes back. But, I would bet Ford and Kuithe are gone after this year either way.

Ute_tastic
        Ute Fan
        @ctbo139pk

What makes you think that Covey won’t return for his super senior year?

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

He’s dropped a few hints that it’s time to move on.

SkinyUte
            Ute Fan
            @skinyute

I wonder if Covey’s decision will hinge on how the season plays out.  I imagine he’s having lots more fun now that we have an actual QB and he’s such an integral part of the offense.

Wilson’s Mustache
            Ute Fan
            @sigmaute

Not sure why he would walk away. He seems like the type that would take advantage of the scholarship to continue his education.

Larry B
          Ute Fan
          @larryb

There was an interview he did (I think with Bill Reilly) where he basically said this will be his final year. I can’t remember exactly what he said but it was pretty clear that he wants a Pac12 Championship this year because it’ll be his last chance.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pac-12 Champions Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Other than Lloyd and Covey, are there any other players