Our future QB

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Isaac Wilson threw for 293 yards and ran for 101 yards in the first half of the 6A semi-final game this afternoon. CC is so far ahead that he will probably not be able to rack up many more stats in the second half.

This kid is a baller. He does not slide when he runs and he has great moves. He is a true duel-threat QB. I am glad Isaac committed to Utah.

I think he may be our starting QB in 2025. I would give him a chance to start in 2024 if Cam does not come back and if Isaac could play in spring ball. However, he will be having surgery that will keep him out of spring ball in 2024.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

Not sliding is not a good thing. He won’t be taking on high school boys at the next level, and we’ve seen what happens when we have to go to the bench. We’re already down to our #3 as it is. Talented as Barnes may be, but that Oregon St game could have gone a different way with Rising under Center.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Oh man. We easily beat Oregon State with Rising and I don’t know if we beat Oregon, but the game would actually be entertaining if we had Rising.

1 1

homer
          Ute Fan
          @homer

I attended that game. Beavers beat Utes like a drum. All phases. With or without Cam. Utes were not up to the task that evening.

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

7-21 is not the best down you described.

We put up a lot more than 21 with Rising. We averaged almost 40 points per game last year.

Oregon beat us. But, we had Johnson at QB. He was 8/23.

We smoked OSU last year and with Rising would have done so again.

2 11

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

Why does Barnes keep getting blamed for Oregon State? Johnson started that game and played so poorly Barnes was brought in, moved the ball, but got knocked out of the game after two targeting hits. Barnes also put up similar stats against Penn State as Rising.

Man, the Legend of Cam grows every day. Pretty soon they’ll replace Chuck Norris’s name with Cam Rising in all of those jokes.

– If you spell Cam Rising in Scrabble, you win. Forever
        – If paper beats rock, rock beats scissors, and scissors beats paper, what beats all 3 at the same time? Cam Rising
        – Cam Rising can have both feet on the ground and kick butt at the same time
        – When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Cam Rising
        – Cam Rising can kill two stones with one bird
        – Cam Rising makes onions cry
        – Superman owns a pair of Cam Rising undies

2 1

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

Oregon st. Could’ve gone the other way if we’d committed to a qb on Monday. Thats my one complaint this year.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

You mean safety.

This joke will never get old for me.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Wilson ended up with 550 total yards yesterday including 122 rushing yards. He will play a better defense next week against Skyridge. But, I don’t see Skyridge stopping Wilson and the Warriors. Remember that Isaac Wilson and CC scored 42 points against the second-rated HS team in the country.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Our future QB