Outdoor Retailers

Viewing 4 reply threads

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

I wish these companies that were pulling out of the outdoor retailer show because of Utah’s outdoors policies would also make it a point to note that they are also withdrawing because of Utah’s crazy alcohol laws. That is all.

PorterRockwell
      Ute Fan
      @porterrockwell

I support the companies and their reason for withdrawing.  I agree with you about the liquor laws but adding that as a reason for leaving would dilute the impact of their message IMO 

besides having you heard that Gentiles and Heathens get to pay 1% more for their demon rum in order for the Zion Curtain to come down?

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

Anything that calls out Herbert and the religiouslature on their actions is positive in my mind. But sadly I don’t think this will work, and also my husband is involved with OR and he has heard that companies are fatigued with OR and looking for a way out anyway, so this is convenient. 

PorterRockwell
        Ute Fan
        @porterrockwell

It would seem the only way it would work is if OR leaves.  It seems the only thing Herbert Hughes et al understand is money.  A 40 million dollar hit is significant 

would OR leaving have a domino effect similar to what has happened with events csncelling in North Carolina ?  It seems it certainly could  perhaps a trickle down of less tourists coming here to recreate? Skiers going to coloriado etc? 

SkinyUte
          Ute Fan
          @skinyute

It seems it certainly could perhaps a trickle down of less tourists coming here to recreate? Skiers going to coloriado etc?

There’s a “snowflake” joke in here somewhere, but I can’t quite make it work.

UtahSig
      Ute Fan
      @utahsig

Anything that will get fewer people to recreate in Utah, I am a fan of. I am sick of the crowds. I hope they do go to Colorado.

quagmire
      Ute Fan
      @quagmire

Although I support what these companies are doing, this will affect my business. It’s definitely going to hurt 

Viewing 4 reply threads

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Politics Outdoor Retailers