PAC 12 Championship Game and crazy hotel prices?

Viewing 5 reply threads

UteROCK
      Ute Fan
      @uterock

Anybody know why hotels in Vegas are extremely high priced the week of the PAC 12 championship game? Was looking at hotels planning ahead and hotels on the strip are $700 +. What’s going on that weekend besides the football game? Any ideas?

UteManX
      Ute Fan
      @utemanx

There is a large pharmacy medical conference the first weekend of December every year, a large electronic music festival, the pro rodeo every first week of December every year and the raiders play at home on Sunday. In addition to any other concerts that may be in town. The last two seasons we have booked about 11 months in advance for a fully refundable room at Mandalay Bay and it’s only $150/night. It’s the only way to get it cheaper. Last year was the same issue for people. 

tgi56slc
        Ute Fan
        @tgi56slc

Plus the following fan bases have booked hotel rooms hopeful of being in the championship:
        Utes, Ducks, Bruins, Trojans

Once two teams are eliminated rooms will become available

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Do not bring a blacklight.

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

It’s crazy – last year we had luxor for ~$150 a night, this year it was $600 when I looked. I don’t remember how early I booked last year though. 

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Step-daughter and her family used to live in Vegas but now reside in Syracuse.  Used to be nice to have free lodging for hoops tourneys and football games in Vegas.  But is nice we get to see our grandkids more often.

AlaskaSteveUteAlum
      Ute Fan
      @alaskasteveutealum

The prices for hotel stays on the strip aren’t coming down anytime soon. The prices have been so high that locals stay away from them. There is a daily resort fee added to the room rate, not to mention a fee for parking a vehicle. You’ll find better rates in hotels off the strip, but they involve driving and parking for a game at the stadium.

UrbanLiar
        Ute Fan
        @urbanliar

You can’t park at the stadium. Extremely limited VIP parking there. Allegiant Stadium has offsite shuttle lots they want you to use. As a Raiders season ticket holder I normally buy a parking pass to the Mandalay Bay convention center parking terrace but because of everything else going on on that weekend they aren’t available.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Stay in Mesquite and drive to the game. Plus you can get that $3.99 prime rib, which I’m sure is a high-grade cut of meat.

AlaskaSteveUteAlum
        Ute Fan
        @alaskasteveutealum

That prime rib in Mesquite is no longer $3.99. It’s $8.99–inflation. The hotels are much cheaper than Las Vegas, but it’s a long drive and the traffic on I-15 at that time can be really heavy.

GameForAnyFuss
          Ute Fan
          @gameforanyfuss

“You can still see the marks where the jockey was hitting it.”

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football PAC 12 Championship Game and crazy hotel prices?