PAC12 Going into the 2nd Half of the Season

Viewing 1 reply thread

PAC12Teams
      Ute Fan
      @utahbb

A look at the Pac-12’s first half:

Biggest surprise

It seems odd to label a Kyle Whittingham-coached team as the Pac-12’s biggest surprise but this time Utah applies. Picked second in the Pac-12 South in the preseason media poll, the Utes are the conference’s only team without a conference loss. Their journey to date has been a lesson in overcoming adversity.

The Utes started 1-2, losing September road contests to BYU and San Diego State. That same month, sophomore cornerback Aaron Lowe was shot and killed at a Salt Lake City house party. This came a year after the Utes had lost running back Ty Jordan in an accidental shooting in Texas.

On the field, Utah responded with a 42-26 rout of USC, the program’s first win in Los Angeles since 1916. The next week, after attending Lowe’s memorial service in Texas, the Utes took control of the South Division with a come-from-behind win over No. 18 Arizona State.

“We are sitting in a great spot right now,” Whittingham said after the Arizona State win. “We have a lot of football left, a lot of tough games. This thing’s just getting started, but right now we are in a great spot.”

Utes 2nd Half

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

No one could have predicted this start.

I figured 2-1 would be generous. I always had ASU as a win. USC I had my doubts because well it hadn’t been done yet. WSU I also thought would be an easier win but proved to be very difficult. 

Losing to Poo Poo and a triple overtime come back loss with Rising against SDSU?  Didn’t see that coming either. 

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Yeah, I expected 4-2 at this point, but with losses to USC and ASU. I still think ASU will have a decent season, 8-4 or there abouts.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

I agree. I never bought into the ASU hype. Before the season I thought the Utes would have 0 or 1 losses at this point. The one loss would be to USC.
        Since the Utes lost to SDSU, I have picked them to lose in the predict the score contest and they’ve won every game. I picked them to win the poo poo and SDSU games. So from here on out, I’m picking them to lose until my apparent curse wears off.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football PAC12 Going into the 2nd Half of the Season