Pimm

Viewing 1 reply thread

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Jerry Pimm was the coach when I started following the Utes. Great memories. Like him, one of the most heart-breaking losses was the one to North Carolina in the 1981 Sweet 16 in the SEC.  (The 98 final loss to THEM is the only one that hurt me worse).    And the 1983 team that made the late run (including a 3OT win in Provo that made Frank Arnold lose it and led to him being released) that beat 2nd seed UCLA in Boise is still among my favorite Ute teams in any sport.

Also there was the team that was the first visiting team to ever win at Rupp Arena on William’s buzzer beater and ended up finishing 2nd in the NIT (back when the NIT was relevant).

bopahull
        Ute Fan
        @bopahull

They had to be first because it was the first game ever played in the Rupp arena.

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

Utah didn’t lose to North Carolina in the Final Four.  We beat them.  It was Kentucky who’d topped us in the National Championship game.

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

by “THEM” I meant Kentucky.  For a long time on some of the boards we refused to speak their name, referring to that team as THEM, or Ashley Judd Univ.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.