Viewing 5 reply threads

Dresden_Stormblessed
      Ute Fan
      @dresden

Viktory Vaka just entered the portal from the Y
      The punter from CU did today
      Logan Sagapolu left the quacks
      Mekhi Blackmon is choosing between 3 PAC 12 schools, Utes included

Anyone else in the portal on our radar/wish list?

I know we just picked up a JuCo QB that’s got some really impressive stats from the JuCo league so he’ll be interesting to follow. 

mfaulk80
      Ute Fan
      @mfaulk80

We don’t want Victory Vaka and we haven’t since at least early in his senior year of highschool…

There are several names being passed around, but I think coaches may also be waiting until after Spring Camp to re-evaluate our needs….unless it’s prime talent or a few more obvious positions (like punter!).   

And that JUCO QB is a PWO.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I think talking about any individual players, or portal players who might want yo “come home” isn’t going give any insight. The Utes have some needs, And they’ll be looking to fill those holes. I think for instance the Florida LB , Diabate, who is coming in actually contacted us about it. We have no idea who wants to come in, or who the coaches want to come in. I think we can assume that our biggest needs are DBs and WRs probably.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

We have no idea…who the coaches want to come in.” mfaulk80 thinks otherwise.

mfaulk80
          Ute Fan
          @mfaulk80

Is that a reference to my comment on Vaka?  If you follow recruiting, I don’t think it’s a secret that a lot of teams lost interest in him due to a lot of bad weight being added before his Senior year.  That’s how he went from an A&M commit that was going to enroll early to a Colorado commit to a PWO at BYU….all within a year.

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

That is a reference to your comment on Vaka. I think you hit the nail on the head with him.

WasatchRanger
        Ute Fan
        @luke8675

@utesby5 I assume you mean the Florida guy Diabate? I don’t see any Miami LB in the transfer portal, but if there was another one that would be cool

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

Yeah, UF. Sorry. Diabate.

LetItRide
      Ute Fan
      @letitride

JC transfer from San Mateo,NorCal is a really good kid. Smart and has won at all levels. Not sure how it will translate to big time football but he has the experience and is a crafty dual threat player.
      His mom and I went to college at Utah in the nineties……so yes the kid has been eyeing the Utes program for awhile.
      Great family and wish him the best at the U.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

“…has won at all levels. Not sure how it will translate to big time football…” Isn’t big time football one of the levels?

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

Anyone have a link to the PWO guy?

And how do y’all find the PWO commits? I rarely see them on 247, seems like I’ve only found them on twitter. 

WasatchRanger
      Ute Fan
      @luke8675

@dresden Blackmon just picked USC, so he’s out.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Blackmon only has 1 year left of eligibility. I’m not convinced he’s a big loss. Hopefully someone better will come available in the portal.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Portal targets?