Projected depth chart from the Deseret News

Viewing 5 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Depth Chart

I know this doesn’t mean anything other than what the reporter has heard. But, it is interesting to see. I am not sure the real depth chart will mean much more because Whitt is always playing games.

thirtyfour-thirtyone
      Ute Fan
      @thirtyfour-thirtyone

That seems reasonable. Two things stuck out at me:

1) I thought coaches were talking about Spencer Fano potentially starting at left tackle (starting him off backing up the right side would seem to make more sense though).

2) I would expect to see more of TE #2 than WR #3, and I’m guessing that will be Miki Suguturaga in a Logan Kendall sort of role. I am guessing we will also see more of Landen King than many of the WRs listed on the depth chart, though that won’t necessarily be reflected on a depth chart, I guess.

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

Utes are REDICULOUSLY deep AND talented. Crazy excited for this team to hit the field in 1 week!!

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

I think Battle gets the start over Broughton at CB, but agree with just about everything else

22Ute22
      Ute Fan
      @utedagoat

I’m expecting Lomu to be a star eventually, but I haven’t heard much about him, and he arrived in summer. No way he is the backup LT, right? I feel like it would have to be Fano.

UtesRule
        Ute Fan
        @utesrule

Been hearing that if Lomu had been here in the Spring he’d likely be a starter, he’s been that impressive (along with Fano)!

22Ute22
          Ute Fan
          @utedagoat

Wow, I don’t know how I missed that, but it’s definitely news I’ll welcome. Only problem is that he’s 290. I feel like the lowest you want an O-lineman to be is 300.

cj13
        Ute Fan
        @cjohnsen13

Whitt said in an interview last couple days that Lomu is in the two deep. I believe it was an interview with Bill Reilly

Ma’ake Kava
      Ute Fan
      @ma-ake

With our culture and our depth, 2-deep charts aren’t really accurate, especially outside the lines. And this is the DN’s best guess, which makes this a little less valuable.

But I wonder how they pegged Pittman at PR? That seems like an informed guess, and if it’s true, it’s a great sign of what his hands are like.

I also wonder how Battle will get snaps at corner. He’s one of the top 3 corners and he’s a SR, so maybe they’ll do something like when JT and Vaughn platooned with Phillips at the other corner. All three will get snaps, no doubt.

What’s the line on Broughton blowing chunks in Game 1? I say he won’t this year.

mfaulk80
        Ute Fan
        @mfaulk80

1. It’ll more likely be JJ OR Micah
        2. Munir instead of Makai
        3. There will be more than one TE position. I’m thinking Brant – King for one, and Yassmin – Miki for the other.
        4. LT: Spencer then Falcon
        5. Maea at C over Koli….though I heard he had an injury, so who knows.
        6. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Tanuvasa starting at DT opposite Junior. I love Pepa, but coaches have mentioned a need for consistency.
        7. Battle over JT.
        8. Possible surprise at NB that I heard somewhere….

RustyShackleford
          Ute Fan
          @shakyute13

JJ should get 5-1 carries over Bernard

mfaulk80
            Ute Fan
            @mfaulk80

Sure, but I bet they’ll still list them as “OR”

mfaulk80
        Ute Fan
        @mfaulk80

Pittman has done a bunch of PR, and he’s been mentioned over the last few weeks by several sources as a PR.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Projected depth chart from the Deseret News