Go Utes!

2 3

User Suspended
      @a2ute

Here it comes….LOL

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

The announcers in the last game said the same.

1 2

User Suspended
          @a2ute

Well then it’s settled. Utah has a high octain offense.

This is like reading Fox news 

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

My comment was TIC. Our offense blows. It needs better linevplay and a steady diet of running backs and plsybaction.

snafu
      Ute Fan
      @snafu

Based on what metric? Total yardage isn’t that helpful. I would be more interested in the points/game metrics. Where do we stand there? 

James
        Ute Fan
        @coachjamesmorse

content://media/external/file/123985

Scoring offense is only 3 spots behind Washington!

We have a chance baby!

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

There are two ways an offence prepares for a game. They may look at the defense and deal first with the strengths and weakness of that defense in the game plan. Or they may look first to what they prefer to do with only some consideration for the defense they will face. The latter figures in more when you are favored and expecting a win.
      I could be wrong, but I think there was an element in the latter with our last game. Our offense would have looked better with a specific plan to address small quick DEs and the space they leave when they run. The offense needed to punish a DE that leaves holding the edge to someone else. The OL with specific attacks that favor their size advantage could be better used. Last, quick developing plays that don’t allow a quick DL to get into a play would help. If you watch any NIU tape from previous games, their DEs were everything to their defense.
      I expect complete focus on the first strategy with Washington due to our underdog role. It not a silver bullet but it will help. Huntley needs to get comfortable in quick rhythm and get that tempo expected before we occasionally let a play go to a 5 count.
      I worry about our ability to catch up to Washington’s level, but I don’t expect the approach we took in the first two games. If the bump up in offense effectiveness is not there I expect that we will try more than 1 QB looking for it. Saturday may be the day the FB team has been waiting for.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Prolific offense?