QB reps in practice?

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I understand that on a typical game week of practice, QB1 takes 80% of the reps. Well, there is nothing typical about our QB situation. Whitt tells us that Cam is practicing at full speed. So, what percentage of the reps is Cam getting in comparison to Nate and Bryson?

I doubt anyone on here knows (except possibly OnlyU). If Cam is the guy, he should be getting the majority of the reps and he probably needs all of the preparation he can get (physically). However, if Cam cannot go, Nate should get the reps that he certainly needs at this point.

I would love to watch our practices to see how we are preparing for UCLA. It is a difficult situation and I know Ludwig and Whitt have the experience to do what is best for the team under the current circumstances. Nonetheless, it would always be best to get QB1 the most reps possible. They just don’t know who that is.

1 1

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’m not a coach. I just code. But I’d probably be going 50/50 between Cam and NJ.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

That seems to be the most logical. But, it would be nice to get QB1 more reps. However, we don’t know who QB1 is yet. Apparently, they will make that decision on Thursday and keep[ it secret until Saturday.

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

I think practice will be complete Thursday. Friday may be walk-thru only but certainty too late to impact practice for the week.

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

They know.

22Ute22
      Ute Fan
      @utedagoat

If the medical decision for Cam comes tomorrow, I feel like they should split the reps 50/50.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I have heard Cam has been participating for three weeks.
      I do know one thing about game week practices. Reps are limited from what I always understood.
      There are a whole lot of inferences that can be drawn from Utah’s game prep under Rising or Barnes/NJ.

Also no wonder NJ doesn’t have the full playbook. I would almost say criticism on Barnes or NJ is totally unfair.

Maybe I am reading into it too much but it bothers me.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football QB reps in practice?