Rant about the game, but some keys to improving

Viewing 0 reply threads

BleedsRedUte
      Ute Fan
      @bleedsredute

I have to admit to only watching the 1st half of the game.  Its terrible, but I can’t watch them play like that, so I turn away, hoping some miracle happens.

The poor Offensive line play is just a continuation of the last several years and many have touched on this. Surprising to see poor defensive line play/pass rush but that can improve.  

The repeated use of Thomas at RB was brave or stupid of Whittingham.  He could be very productive but may never see the field again as a Ute.  It is very apparent we miss Jordan and it is a terrible loss.

We may be adequate at QB if Ludwig utilizes his running capability more going forward.  I don’t know how a PAC 12 program that has had some success, has so much trouble recruiting and developing an elite quarterback.  Its such a S$$t show that it seems like they stock up on recruits, don’t give the young guys a chance, and then find themselves scrambling every year to field an adequate QB.  we are invested in Brewer, so keep him starting for now, but give Rising reps where possible, for developement.

Make/keep Bernard as no 1 running back and hope he developes and can stand up to being the every down back.  He is a good runner, but also has good hands out of the backfield.

A Major change is to more fully utilize the talent we do have.  Kincaid and Fotheringham can handle tight end duties.

Use Brant Kuithe as a hybrid Running back/receiver to help with converting 3rd downs, which the Utes are once again terrible at.  Kuithe is undersized as a tight end, but will be great at breaking arm tackles and getting first downs.  

Lastly, I know Whittingham probably can’t evolve, but seeing a student of his, Sitake, use a game plan that included bringing pressure rather than sitting back in a base defense, should have impressed Whit.  BYU could not have won without taking some chances, and that is what Whit may have to do more of going forward.

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Rant about the game, but some keys to improving