Rising Injury – ACL Tear

Viewing 3 reply threads

UteBrook
      Ute Fan
      @utebrook

As we all suspected Cam tore his ACL on a non contact inside cut in the Rose Bowl. The interview with Riley should be up on 700 shortly.

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

Damn. I was hoping for better news. Everyone seems optimistic for his return before the season but I’m not so sure.

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

Now Wilner’s rating below is more appropriate. Cam’s game and playmaking ability depends on his run ability. Can’t expect that he’ll come back fully healthy in time for the season, have to get the next guy ready now.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I agree – if Cam cannot effectively run, he is not nearly as good.  Part of what makes Cam such a good QB is his ability to keep the ball.  When he could not do that after his USC injury, he was not the same player.  

I hope he can and will run come September.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I only heard the end of the interview. He sounded optimistic about being ready to play against the Gators.  The coaches can focus this spring on who they want to be the backup and get him prepared for this fall in case Cam is not quite ready.  He will be coming back to SLC next week and will be helping with QB development during spring practices.

Cam said that he ran into Aaron Rodgers at the rehab facility and he indicated that he received some words of encouragement from someone who has been through the same thing. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Red and White usually isn’t interesting enough for me to go to. I really want to go now.
        Also @Onlyu reports are going to be cocaine all Spring.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

Eagle, I think I’m there with you just out of curiosity. I was going to go last year and it got cold as balls that day.

11 1

Onlyu
            Ute Fan
            @uf8fl

I’ll just say that they were very happy with what they saw with Cam’s knee when they got in there. There was no meniscus or other damage so it was as straight forward as it could have been. There is and remains a lot of optimism that he’ll return sooner than later and while running is a decent part of his game, he doesn’t have to run or cut near as much as most positions out there.

It will be great to get the young guys time in the lead spot this Spring but If there are no set backs I expect a return for Cam in August/Sept.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Rising Injury – ACL Tear