Rising says, “I am pretty darn close to 100%.”

Viewing 8 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Rising

This is the kind of news I like to hear from spring practice.

5 3

NashvilleUte
      Ute Fan
      @nashvilleute05

I’ll believe it when I see him on the field… I’m not doing the “will he play” or “won’t he play” dance we were tortured by last fall…

4 3

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

Sounds a lot like last year.

2 2

Utegator
        Ute Fan
        @utegator

Almost 100% a year after we were told he was 100%

5 2

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

It’s what, 14 months since he had his surgery? If he’s not 100 percent now, he’s never going to be.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Didn’t BJ take about 1.5 years?

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

Yes, Johnson missed the entire 2006 season after getting hurt late in the 2005 season in a home loss to New Mexico. I’m sure that you remember that game. Anyways, you have to think that, if the football season started next week, both Cam and Johnson would have been able to go. One funny thing is how Whitt has changed over the years regarding his comments on injuries. I did some research on that loss to New Mexico and Whitt was quoted after the game saying that Johnson had suffered a torn ACL. He doesn’t do that any more.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Statistics and math must be rough on the hill.

1 3

BoiseUTE
      Ute Fan
      @slarson150

Close to 100% I would prefer hearing 100+% after 15 months….hope he ups that number with spring ball.

4 3

radioUte
      Ute Fan
      @radioute

He also said he was ready to play last season.

thirtyfour-thirtyone
      Ute Fan
      @thirtyfour-thirtyone

He’s running around, throwing touchdowns, running for touchdowns, and taking all the first team reps. He’s not wearing a brace. The injury he suffered will probably cause him to feel a bit off, and make crunchy noises with his knee, for the rest of his life. If he can move on the field, and change direction without thinking about it, he’ll be in a good position to try to continue to play football. He looks like he is doing what he needs to do to be successful to me.

Uteanooga
      Ute Fan
      @uteanooga

He was wearing one legging and no brace in the pic- which surprises me. Many QBs who have not been hurt wear a brace on the throwing knee to mitigate risk. The braces do suck but not as badly as getting hurt again. Studies show they reduce risk of injury. He must be confident to be out there without wearing the brace.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Rising says, “I am pretty darn close to 100%.”