Seven Players Transfer from the Cal Bears

Viewing 3 reply threads

tarheelute
      Ute Fan
      @tarheelute

Many teams have transfers, for any number of reasons. The San Francisco Chronicle reports Cal quarterback Ross Bowers among seven players leaving Bears

The group, headlined by junior quarterback Ross Bowers, also has freshman running back Johnny Adams Jr., sophomore receiver Greyson Bankhead, senior linebacker Derron Brown, sophomore running back Derrick Clark, redshirt freshman running back Biaggio Ali Walsh and junior receiver Brandon Singleton.

Seems like a large number especially before a bowl game, and the Cal blogs are lit up, and are just as wide ranging in their opinions.

Grayshirt
      Ute Fan
      @grayshirt

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Interesting. I wonder if anyone would consider coming here (if they’re any good)?
      And seriously… unless you’re looking to have a pro football career, why in the Hades would you leave Cal??? That’s a good degree right there.

tarheelute
        Ute Fan
        @tarheelute

Mostly decent offensive players, however as noted elsewhere on UteHub, transfers within the PAC-12 entail an additional year’s wait, unless the losing school agrees. Agreed about the degree, but obviously not their primary goal, at least not at CAL. Too bad for them.

Calgradutedad
      Ute Fan
      @calgradutedad

Other than Bowers none of these guys were significant contributors to Cal-I watched or went to every game and I don’t know most of these guys. Cal can’t get some of their players into their graduate programs so the kids that graduate leave to play elsewhere. Most of these guys are younger players are on the offensive side though. That side of the ball is a mess right now.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Seven Players Transfer from the Cal Bears