Should be a lot of passing tonight.

Viewing 1 reply thread

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Both teams have become pass-first teams.  That’s not what Utah wants to be, but KW admits that is what we are right now.

I suspect both teams will have 300+ yards passing.  The difference maker may be our running game thanks to Cam Rising’s ability to run.  I would love to see Jackson get 5-6 touches tonight.  He needs to get some playing time to become the player I think he can be.

Go Utes!!!

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Agree about the passing. Kincaid is Kincaid, but it’s a perfect night for Vele to go 100+ yards. I have faith in our Cam. Their Cam tries to force things, CP3 pick 6 is coming.

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

No Bernard tonight…Look for the screen game early to slow aggression/pressure. They play a lot of zone and the middle has been open. I also expect the opposite side of Dalton to be wide open as well. Vele/Parks to have big nights IMO

rbmw263
          Ute Fan
          @rbmw263

JQJ breakout game

EMUte#2
          Ute Fan
          @cbanders5

Hopefully Jaylon and Jaquinden have big nights. 

SalUteopia
          Ute Fan
          @saluteopia

Wait, no Bernard? Is he injured?! If news about TT not traveling is true, and no Bernard, is Glover RB1?

Onlyu
            Ute Fan
            @uf8fl

TT did not practice this week nor was he at practice so most certainly did not travel. Bernard is still banged up from SC. He did travel so could play but all signs point to him sitting tonight.

SalUteopia
              Ute Fan
              @saluteopia

Thanks for the info, @Onlyu. Hopefully Bernard is not needed tonight so he can heal up quickly.

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

ah… that makes me a bit nervous. I was hoping our running game would get on track tonight, considering WSU’s poor run defense. Maybe that can still happen? I don’t know. Hopefully, if JJ gets in there, he can at least hold onto the ball when he gets it.

EMUte#2
          Ute Fan
          @cbanders5

I would like to see Dixon get some end arounds as well..

Onlyu
            Ute Fan
            @uf8fl

Jaylon, JJ, Vincent and Parks in that order

Onlyu
              Ute Fan
              @uf8fl

They give up a lot of pressure so that will help our pass defense as long as we get home (which I think we will).

Don’t see them stopping us much. As long as we don’t turn it over 3+ times we’ll bring this one home.

EMUte#2
                Ute Fan
                @cbanders5

Thank you for the info Onlyu. Whoever you are. You are always right. I appreciate your posts.

Jake
              Ute Fan
              @jutahfootball

A little off topic, but why can’t Parks seem to break into the depth chart?

chinngiskhaan
                Ute Fan
                @chinngiskhaan

You are going to have to be more specific than just “Parks” there is more than one person with that name. I assume you are referring to Ricky Parks?

Jake
                  Ute Fan
                  @jutahfootball

In response to his comment where he mentioned Ricky Parks. Money Parks gets playing time, Ricky doesn’t.

Onlyu
                Ute Fan
                @uf8fl

Answered in another thread but Ricky hasn’t been able to pick up scheme and assignment and plays tentative. He looks the part but has to accept the physicality of college football and play behind his pads. It’s hard to play confident when you’re not sure what you’re doing and I think more than anything else that’s what he has to overcome.

UTE98
          Ute Fan
          @ute98

Maybe we can have CPIII do his Bernard impression and get a few plays on offense, or maybe we find our own Jack Coletto, have any of our LBs played RB before?

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Should be a lot of passing tonight.