Sideline observations and report from last night’s game

Viewing 2 reply threads

Warrior Ute
      Ute Fan
      @warriorute

Stanford stadium tickets are cheap.  We were considering tickets on the Utah side, towards the center.  We were looking at row 20 and first row.  My wife wanted to be down close to support the team.  We ended up on the 40 yard line on the front row.  The tickets were cheaper than the get in price for tickets to Rice-Eccles  These observations about the team interaction rather than play.

Team Leadership is impressive.  Rising and Covey stood out, always checking in on other teammates and showing obvious good relationships with each individual. 

Keegan Markgraf is impressive.  He was on crutches, he probably walked a 5k last night.  He was moving up and down the sidelines non-stop, checking in on others and cheering people on.  

After TJ Pledger’s 96 yard run, Kyle turned away from the field and was looking back at us with a big grin.  My wife said, wow Kyle can actually have a big smile.

The running backs were always laughing and joking with each other when they came off the field from a touchdown.  My favorite comment we heard was Tavion Thomas after his third touchdown when he stumbled into the endzone “I was like, just get there, just get there.”  

Bam is a monster of a man and a teammate.  At the end of the game he was going around and giving everyone hugs.  He went up to Jaxon Garcia, Freshman O Lineman who is listed as 6’2” and 329.  He wrapped him up in a hug and picked him up off the ground like you would a little brother.

One Cool thing from the other sideline, as Ford and Bam carried Niumatalolo into the injury tent, someone from the other sideline yelled “Good luck, we believe in you.”  

Keegan Markgraf is impressive.  He was on crutches, he probably walked a 5k last night.  He was moving up and down the sidelines non-stop, checking in on others and cheering people on.  

When there was 30 seconds left, he said, well it looks like the Utes will win this for sure.  This morning he admitted he didn’t say anything sooner because he didn’t want to jinx it. 

Overall, the chemistry of the team was evident.  They are showing up on the field but on the sidelines you can see how their struggles and challenges this year have turned them into family.

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Loved reading this! Thanks for sharing.

LetItRide
      Ute Fan
      @letitride

Good insights.

I was at game too. Paid 9.00 to get in and sat anywhere u wanted. Probably only 5k there…..very sad and embarrassing sight to see.

I’ll chime in to say I noticed the WRs. Enis was getting shots early. Think Cam missed him on a seam route to end zone at one point. Cam was a little off but this game the focus was so on the run. Give him a pass.

Dixon was playfully jabbing at Marks during a lengthy third quarter to fourth transition. Boys were definitely in a good mood.
      Just was hoping Whit would take out the starters a little earlier.

Probably a better turnout of Ute fans than Tree fans actually.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Sideline observations and report from last night’s game