Site really slow?

Viewing 3 reply threads

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Has the site been crazy slow for anyone else the last couple days?  Both on my PC (Google Chrome, Win 10) and iPhone (Safari), it’s taking pages 20-30 seconds to load.  Posting responses can take 1-2 minutes to load.

Just figured I’d give you a heads-up Tony.  🙂

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Yes, very slow. Tony, restart Apache, and make sure you’ve applied the Log4j patch if you haven’t. Serious vulnerability.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’ll look into it. Hopefully it isn’t a bot attack or a hack. 

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Our company has been scrambling to figure out the Log4j situation.  100s of customers, some that we host (and have to patch all of our shared systems) and others who host themselves with our software (who we have to give instructions to on how to patch)

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

The log4j vulnerability was used to nail hosted UKG/Kronos payroll systems with Ransomware. They’re saying it could take a couple of weeks to restore. (Poor disaster recovery if you ask me. Their replication servers must have also been hit.) Backup administration is actually my primary job, and if my VMware guests get hit, I have an RPO of a few hours, with a two month lookback window for a nearly instant restore. Crazy they are so screwed.

The U of U uses a hosted Kronos system. It’s f**ked. Departments are quickly putting together Excel sheets to record time. I don’t even know if they know how much accumulated PTO people have anymore.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Rebooted the server.  Not sure why but mysql is eating up over 100% of the server’s resources. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site Site really slow?