Something is wrong

Viewing 4 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

The site has been very slow the last little bit, and I have some suspicions about it being attacked or hacked. Sorry if there is an interruption. I may have to reboot and do a few things. 

S.CarolinaUte
      Ute Fan
      @s-carolinaute

Tony the last couple days your site has been down at random times. Just a hour ago I could not get it to come up.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’ve just changed the home page to a forum view of the latest topics, which is much less heavy in terms of resources (and less pleasurable to look at). Another drawback is that this area is not category filtered (web). I’m going to do this as a test to see if the performance issues are improved. This page should load much faster.

I have also found some malware on two other sites on my server. I’ve disabled those sites and will have to get rid of the malware before I can enable them again.

So it seems I have two battles to fight right now. Stay tuned.

Dallas
        Ute Fan
        @dallas

Go get’em Tony.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I should mention that any of these (hopefully) temporary changes I’m making are on the web only. No changes on the mobile app.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Hmm. Well after an hour or so of disabling the regular home page, I’m not seeing a huge difference in performance. I’ll let this setup stay into tomorrow and see what happens. Thanks for your patience.

This makes me think that it could be all the new APP users hitting the database which is causing the server resource drain.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site Something is wrong