Sorry I don’t get the AZ Hype

Viewing 4 reply threads

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

They had one good year. One. There schedule was super favorable. They lost to SC on the road. Didn’t play UO. Beat UW by 7 AT HOME.

I get the curb stomped us. But, come on. Our season was over after UW. We didn’t even play half of our already injured team against them.

Yet everyone is so worried about them..

Yes, there QB looked ok. Guess what. He’s still small, now we have tape. And they lost a few huge contributors to there team. Meanwhile we get 4/5 guys back who are proven commodities.

And we are at home…. AZ is going to come back down to earth next year. Jed Fisch snuck up on us last year and the league. It won’t happen this year. Everyone is going to be gunning for them.

We have been the hunted for years. This is new water for them. And our guys are used too it. Don’t forget how huge

1. Rising
      2. Kuithe
      3. And Bernard yes Bernard are to this offense. Those 3 alone. Create a culture and are alpha dogs that the rest of the team will follow.

We will smoke them in RES next year and Fifta will look average.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

They are a good team. They lost to every team better than them.

They smoked us at home with our whole defense injured then ran up the score.

Good for them. We will repay them this fall. We are a much better team when healthy.

Payback will be sweet.

5 2

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Arizona had a very good year. They were 3-4 plays from being undefeated. They were creative on defense against USC and UW. Once Fifita came in their offense turned around. Fifita may be small but he proved himself against very good teams.

I am not afraid of Arizona, but to say they aren’t that good would be a misjudgment IMO. I don’t follow things closely enough to know how much they lost to the NFL, portal, etc.

Ute in Chatt
        Ute Fan
        @phinney23

I just read that their pathetic dept is in the hole 240+ million. That is going to have an effect on them as a whole. When you have to cut back, you’re not in a level playing field with those that dont.

D T
        Ute Fan
        @azute1

We were about 50 injured players from going undefeated….See how that works?

They lost their DC, btw.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Here’s an Arizona related question:

With DeBoer all but headed to Alabama, what’s to stop UW from hiring Arizona’s HC and their HC taking all of Arizona’s top players with him to UW?

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

Fisch wants Florida – He’s gone when Napier is fired IMO

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Taking Washington for one year doesn’t stop him from leaving to Florida in another.

DataUte
            Ute Fan
            @scotwaye

True, but putting the pieces back together in Seattle and being successful in 1st Big 10 year might be a bigger lift than just continuing with what he has and having another 10 win season.

ryynoo
        Ute Fan
        @ryynoo

DeBoer to Bama is official now

DeBoer to Bama

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

Fisch could jump to UW. The B1G is probably a step up, and they aren’t having the $ troubles UA has.

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

I don’t know, prior to going to Arizona, Fisch has spent almost the totality of his coaching career in the NFL. He might leave for the NFL where he doesn’t have to worry about recruiting, NIL, and the portal. In many ways, being an NFL head coach is so much simpler now.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Thank you for apologizing. It is very kind of you.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Sorry I don’t get the AZ Hype