Spencer Fano Not Ready

Viewing 7 reply threads

Tyler Henry
      Ute Fan
      @recruits-utes

I’m sure people noticed that Fano got yanked pretty soon after a few penalties. I still don’t know why he started in the first place, but I’m glad our backups are capable of great play. Hopefully Fano takes it seriously and continues to progress, as he certainly did struggle in his first game.

UofU Fanatic
      Ute Fan
      @uofufanatic

Oh, I didn’t notice. I knew he started at LT. So he actually was yanked and didn’t play the game, when did that happen?

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

In the second half, I saw that they moved Laumea to LT but don’t know when it happened. Fano missed a block or two, once getting Glover blown up. Freshmen make Freshmen mistakes. He’ll be fine.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Completely expected for a true freshman o-lineman in his first game. The fact that he was able to compete his way into a starting spot at all speaks to his talent.

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

he was put back in at some points i believe. i noticed a drive without him, then noticed him back in.
      but he was getting bullied

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

It’s crazy that this turned into a tune-up game.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

I’m calling bull s**t on this post. He’s the best player on the line regarding technique. He played good and was spelled throughout the game, which was likely the plan going in for a True Freshman. His backup gave up a sack, a false start, and a hold (Fano also did a false start and a hold). He had some pancakes and was basically in lockdown in Pass Pro. He got blown up once on a stunt from a DT with a head of steam, but other than that, Utah is lucky he’s ready this soon. Florida was likely testing him, but I thought he passed the test.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Offense has way too many questions marks to say definitively what it will be.

Defense arguably it could improve and be even deeper. 3 starters and essentially Reid got hurt.

Special teams is locked in. Coverage is great.

RedUte14
        Ute Fan
        @redute14

we didn’t give up a sack the whole game?

RedUte14
        Ute Fan
        @redute14

but Fano was called on the second false start against utah early on after Bills. and then he let someone through for a TFL a couple plays later.
        he played well and also didn’t at times. he will be ok

RedUte14
          Ute Fan
          @redute14

i didn’t see the post above my bad.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

ESPN box score says Florida had zero sacks. He played LT and didn’t give up any sacks in his first game starting as a true freshman. I’d say he did pretty damn good.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Watch him in this clip. He does an outstanding job with his first snap. Yes, there is a learning curve, but overall he played well.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Spencer Fano Not Ready