Star Wars Episode 9 It’s Finally Over–possible spoilers none from me.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      3 3

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Wow that movie sucked. I have only liked Rogue One since Disney took it over. Seems like they just wanted to trash the whole point of Luke for lack of ability in creating a better antagonist. 

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

Could not disagree more. This was a fun Star Wars movie and totally redeemed the franchise from the trainwreck that was The Last Jedi.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

In what way?  The series as a whole was poorly written. They didn’t tease the idea of the Emperor returning at all in the first two and “fixed” it by introducing him in the opening credits? It was a disaster as far as writing goes.

Also somehow they resolve Rey’s parentage but never give anything on Skywalker family history?  

The prequals ruined Darth Vader and now these three ruined Luke’s entire purpose. 

gUrthBrooks
          Ute Fan
          @hammer

I won’t even watch the III after what they did to Luke Skywalker in the second, taking a childhood hero and turning him into a whiny, cowardly bitch. So lame.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

It gets worst @Hammer.  Such poor writing to literally wipe a character out and replace his entire legacy for your own. 

GameForAnyFuss
            Ute Fan
            @gameforanyfuss

I hate to break it to you, but Luke is a whiny, cowardly bitch. Rewatch Episode IV and count how many of his first ten lines are whiny, cowardly bitching.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Growth from episode 4 to 6 fairly significant. Anakin was a whiny bitch 1-3. Rey is much better growing up in similarly difficult situation as Anakin. Return of the Jedi had it’s rough moments but the throne room scene is iconic. It is all about duality of the moment and choices.
              Unpopular opinion but I was cheering for the emperor at the end of this. I am like you know he worked much harder than these rebel fighters. Just give him the win. Nope he electrocutes himself again. Must not be able to turn it off once he gets going other than those other times. Idk.

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

***SPOILERS AHEAD***

I agree that the seris was poorly written, but that’s what you’re going to get when you don’t start with the end in mind and let different writers write 3 separate parts. Abrams made chicken salad out of chicken s**t with this third film.

As for not teasing the Emperor’s return, there was fan speculation that Snoke was some sort of Palpatine reincarnate or something similar in the previews leading up to The Force Awakens and then again after it’s release. So it must have been teased a little, even if only by inference. Showing that Palpatine was incubating what looks like another Snoke along with other creations, I thought, helped draw that all together.

What is there to give on Skywalker family history? We know who Luke and Leia’s parents are and Anakin’s mother is supposedly the Star Wars Virgin Mary. Kylo Ren/Ben Solo is Leia’s son. What more do you need to know?

How is Luke’s purpose ruined? Or maybe I should ask, what do you think Luke’s purpose was? For me, Luke’s purpose was to save his father and help him defeat the Emperor. After learning the Emperor had risen from the dead, Luke “saved” Rey and helped her defeat him again. His role in The Last Jedi diminished his character but I thought they redeemed him in The Rise of Skywalker.

In the end, though, I think you might just be overthinking it. It’s not a perfect movie, but is there ever? I thoroughly enjoyed it and thought it was a nice ending to the Skywalker saga. I will definitely see it again.   

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Basically the first 30 minutes of this film should have been the Last Jedi. The director of the TLJ made a pointless story with zero character development. 

The only hint of the First Order actually being run by the emperor is in the name itself. You can say well order 66 I guess this is the first order to start his return. The “final order” was to have Rey take over. Or wait was it? Nope he actually could have just dragged them both and rejuvenated himself. This new force heal isn’t new but it is OP. Rey is OP. The emperor is OP. Kylo is OP. 

If you play video games this final film is for you for sure. It is almost exactly like a video game plot. Jumping around and treasure hunting with seemingly no purpose because we knew from the start that Rey would get to the Emperor. It was sort of hinted at Rey had Force sensitive parentage. 

I think the part that summed up the film is when they rescue Chewie. They are running down a corridor and the Storm Troopers in typical fashion can’t hit anything. So they really were never in any peril. We knew they would escape somehow. So they have Poe get shot in the arm. Oh yeah…this makes it perilous? Nope somehow they will escape and the “mole” will reveal itself. 

The bummer is it is video game plot that is played in a speed run style. So you don’t really get to enjoy the journey other then seeing them wrap up four hours of material in 2.5 hours. 

Criticism and analyzing the movie is entertaining to me so I appreciate your comments. I posted my opinion because I wanted to see what others thought. It is kind of what I expected if you like this movie. Most people that have enjoyed this series of movies express your same opinion. 

Thanks for replying instead of just thumbing me down. 

UteThunder
              Ute Fan
              @utethunder

The treasure hunt wasn’t pointless. Rey needed to find the way to the Emperor before his fleet of planet destroying ships was released. If she doesn’t find a way to get to him in time, then the galaxy would have been destroyed and the Final Order wins. And of course they were never in any danger with Stormtroopers shooting at them. NOBODY is ever in danger when Stormtroopers are shooting at them, this isn’t something new. 

No thanks needed. Conversation is what we’re here for, right?

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

Spoiler:

No think about it. Rey destroys the ship and they take Chewie. The opportunity to take Rens wayfinder was there. But apparently Ren has a surplus of ships or something because it is fine later and Rey steals it and gets to the Emperor. The whole point of the treasure hunt was silly. Could have been a heist with more time spent on a solution to stop the emperor’s fleet. 

They realized they needed to figure out this whole Rey origin and so they add this ship. The knife and finding the way to the emperor wasnt the point they needed to fill in Rey’s memory with the ship and finding yet another Droid from the past. 

I think the one humorous maybe meta joke is that Rey is the first person to actually recognize a Droid as the same one from her past. 

Utebeam
                  Ute Fan
                  @utebeam

I thought the movie was great. I was entertained and felt good as I walked out of the theater. That’s the point of a movie. I think fans get way to hung up on details. Enjoy it for what it is, a break from reality.

UteThunder
                  Ute Fan
                  @utethunder

Rey didn’t know the wayfinder was on Ren’s ship until much later in the film, so she wouldn’t have even known to look for it on his ship at that point in the story.

EagleMountainUte
                    Ute Fan
                    @battlegroundute

This sums up it for me.

Getting hung up on details like plot and continuity makes it enjoyable for me. Who says I don’t enjoy this?

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Star Wars Episode 9 It’s Finally Over–possible spoilers none from me.