Still need 4 tickets for the Cal game

Viewing 5 reply threads

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

I found two tickets for the Cal game, still looking for 4 more. Anybody not going to the Cal game and want to sell your tickets to a UTE fan and alum?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Wrong category! JK.

Guess I’ll start up the tickets thread.

I suppose it is possible to have too many categories. How many is too many? I have no idea.

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

Just when I was liking the place… I post in “wrong category” I was hoping this site didn’t have a wrong category.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by UTE98.

Evolved Ute
      Ute Fan
      @evolvedute

I’m a season ticket holder and I have 4. My son has an out of town basketball tournament that weekend. Depending on his games plus the start time of the Cal game I may need to dump my tix. Unfortunately I won’t know until they announce the game time.

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

Now I’ve got a conundrum. Wait for four together or just try to pick up two more sets of two.

I’d like four together, and I am patient and would rather wait as I think there will be tickets available. Cal or Utah is going to stumble before that game and some of the ticket brokers will have to lower their prices. I’ve seen students offering SRO tickets for $50. Wish Utah was such a hot ticket when i was in school.

WhitewaterUte where are your tickets and how much?
        Evolved Ute same questions?

I’m not trying to get them cheaper than face value for sure, but I am not willing to pay 200% of face value either.

WhitewaterUte
      Ute Fan
      @whitewaterute

I could sell you two if they are not gone yet.

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

Where are your tickets? And how much?

Anonymous
      Inactive

My brother always has good seats for sale, market price on Stubhub. You want, you pay. This is no charity operation.

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

I’m not looking for charity, i.e. free tickets, however I’m not desperate enough to pay 200% of face value, if the game is worth that much to someone else they can buy the tickets. When you’re buying 6 tickets the difference of $25/ticket is $150. BTW the two tickets I already wrangled were very close to face value and may even have been below face value. I’m not afraid to search for reasonable deals. If all else fails I can buy $50 SRO tickets since I’m pretty confident those will always be available, all the way up to game day.

I’m not willing to pay half of someone’s CC fees, and for half their season tickets. I’m looking to buy tickets from a Ute fan who can’t make the game and doesn’t want to lose money on the deal and maybe make a few bucks.

Anonymous
          Inactive

I’ll check to see if he still has any. He has 6 total, 3 pairs. One pair West Side 50 Row 36. Another pair West side 45 row 30. Final pair on the goal line. He would sell them at 20% less than Stubhub ask price, as that is their commission. Your argument about CC fees is irrelevant and frankly, insulting. Business is business and the market prevails. If you want a deal, take your chances at RES just before the game as the scalpers face eating tickets.

Edit, the one he is not using on the West 50 is $165. Subtract 20% from that. You’d be sitting next a Utah Athletic Luminary.

homer
      Ute Fan
      @homer

I want to get 2 tickets for a couple of friends to the Cal game too. But as a long time season ticket holder and crimson club member I would expect to pay ticket price plus pro rata share of CC donation. Seems only fair.

And if the market exceeds that value, then if my friends want them they should not whine about it and pay the market rate.

Paying CC donation and purchasing the tickets is way I am able to secure my tickets every year. Why would any ticket holder not reasonably expect at least that much?

Frankly, single game tickets should be marked up the same way by the Athletic Department. There should be sub totaled ticket price, cc single seat mandatory donation and total price on the face of all tickets

Anonymous
        Inactive

A good friend hosts me for the Utah @ USC game. He has 8 tickets all on the 40, 4 together and two pair. The annual donation for those is $12K. I checked the stubhub price for the game in his section and they’re going for $400 per. Face value on those tickets is $85. My brother and I reciprocate for the games at RES.

IF you want to get in cheap, show up to the game and find desperate scalpers at kick off. I have never failed to get seats for a fraction of their face value doing this. If you want certainty of 4 seats together ahead of time, you pay market rate.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Still need 4 tickets for the Cal game