Struggles on the road

Viewing 4 reply threads

NashvilleTNUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @nashvilletnutefan

I’m having a hard time understanding why we struggle so badly on the road. Outside of Zona and maybe Oregon, there are zero hostile environments in the pac 12. I was at the ASU game and that place was half empty. Stanford never draws a good crowd. I just don’t get it. And it’s not like we have some crazy home court advantage, it’s getting better but it’s still not what I would consider a hostile environment, I guess the altitude could be a factor when teams come play us. The home/road discrepancy with this team is really a head scratcher for me.

I know injuries were a challenge today with Rollie being out (hopefully not more than a couple games) and Lovering being out most of the game but Stanford is a team we should beat regardless, they are not good this year. If we can’t win a few road games this year, we won’t get an at large bid to the tournament. Winning only at home isn’t going to cut it

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

They weren’t good last year either but Utah somehow lost to them at the Huntsman.

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

The difference between great teams and good to very good teams is winning in the road. I remember when even early Rick Majerus teams had to learn (or get better overall talent) how to win on the road.

Stanford is NOT trash. They did beat UofPay and they destroyed them.

Utah needs to win their remaining home games and split some road trips and they’ll be fine.

I still think this is an NCAA tourney team (unless Worster and Lovering are out for an extended period of time).

Go Utes!! Beat OSU!!

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Stanford is the #3 team in the conference. They are not a bad loss on the road.

That said this is a game Utah should have won. Free throws were our undoing. 4 for 12 in a one-possession game is devastating.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

Seems we can’t put together a complete game on the road. Usually it’s turnovers. Arizona it was defense. Today foul shooting. 4-12 Stanford 19-26. 15 point discrepancy. It was nice to see D Smith get more minutes with Worster out. He needs a bigger role when Worster returns. Ericksons minutes need to dry up.

Minnesota Ute
        Ute Fan
        @minnesotaute

Look on the bright side, we only missed one more free throw than they did…

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

We should have played better, this was one we really needed. Stanford is one team you don’t want to be down a big man. Worster is not a star but is a more important glue piece than many realize. Two starters out down the line means two that may not have played play significant minutes. This match was too close to overcome that issue. Foul shots were sad and just that was enough to cause the loss. Note that Stanford bigs were the first to stand up to Kata, we needed Lovering to take more rotations in the paint on defense. Need to take it out on Oregon at home. The Washington swing will not be easy to get the first pad road win.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Struggles on the road