Superiority Complex

Viewing 5 reply threads

Ute2
      Ute Fan
      @ute2

I’ve had an epiphany today that has finally allowed me to put into words something I’ve thought for a long time!

We Ute fans have a superiority complex!  Not to be  confused with an inferiority complex, which is when one goes about overcompensating for feelings of inferiority, we Ute fans go about overcompensating for feelings of superiority.  For instance!…. when some unaffiliated publication speculates that qb1 for the 2023 draft might be on our team, we have to call that out as BS for some odd reason!  It manifested itself in 2019 when we flirted with the playoff and fell one win short and half the board was like, “told ya so!”

I know why we do it!  Some times those doggone TDS fans get so out of hand with their nonsense(inferiority complex) that we feel we have to pull the entirely opposite way!  

and that’s ok.  But I for one just fine saying we’ve got a top flight QB and a team that has serious CFP potential.

Just remember that you suffer form a Superioroty cComplex relax, take time to smell the roses(no pun intended, wait… yes pun intended!) and let the good times roll!

1 4

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

speak for yourself. the parochial school hasn’t registered as anything more than a minor annoyance to me in a couple of decades. they are nothing more than a team that shows up on the schedule every year at the expense of higher profile opponents.

perhaps the fact that you felt the need to start a thread to point out that you feel superior to fans of that school says more about you than those who question whether Rising has shown enough (both through his play and his measurables) to be the first QB taken in the 2023 draft.

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

Ummmm… I’m just not quite sure you got the gist of what I’m saying here…

Like I said, CHILL OUT and let the good times roll!

That said, I love your board name! You clearly don’t had a superiority complex! Own that natty!

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

I might add, it’s ok to admit that we have a top 5 coach.  is he perfect?  no.  But he’s pretty damn good.  

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

Let’s bronze that man on an elevated concrete pedestal with overly large calves that fans can rub for good luck before each game!

W16Ute
      Ute Fan
      @w16ute

Well said… For me it’s a defense mechanism to not get myself get too disappointed since i put so much emotional stock into this team. That’s a me problem. I need to find a way to just live it up and enjoy the ride.

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

I’m the same! Can’t help it!

I give myself 18hrs of grumpiness after each loss before I make myself work on the old mood.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

I hate to say it, but a lot of the superiority is due to BYU-Provo Campus fans. Since their fanbase has the worst inferiority complex ever seen, I think we tend to overcompensate by developing a superiority complex, as you call it.

In other words, in our efforts to distance ourselves from their program and avoid looking like their fans, we counter their hopeless optimism with hopeless pessimism.

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

Haha hopeless pessimism lol.

exactly!!!

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

I’m already on record projecting Utah in the 2022 CFP. It’s gonna happen.

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

Yesss!!!

The one thing I think kept us from it in 2019 and that was a youthful online.

Don’t think that’s gonna be a problem this time around!

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Superiority Complex