Taggart to FSU

Viewing 5 reply threads

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

confirmed. Done. Recruits are going to leave so fast.

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

A small part of me feels bad for Oregon because we have been there as a fan base.  Another part of me wonders if this will finally be an “aha” moment for the arrogant portion of the Oregon fan base that has lost a large measure of my respect over the past 4 seasons.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

Feel bad for Oregon?  LOL!!!   Not a chance.

SalUteopia
          Ute Fan
          @saluteopia

I, for one, am reveling in their misery! So much for their 17,000 uniforms…

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Oregon tears are about as delicious as anything. 

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Big Willie Stylez is heading back to Florida.

Somewhat good for us, I guess.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Oregon is Bart. FSU is Nelson.

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

I’m having a little difficulty understanding this move. Why leave a program with seemingly unlimited resources and one of the best recruiting classes in the country?

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

To go to the best recruiting area in the country…having alread been head coach at USF.

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

To play devil’s advocate – is there a better job in the country than FSU with an easier path to the national championship? I don’t think there is. 

Unless you schedule bama for your ooc games, all you have to worry about is Clemson (and they’re so good no one will care if you lose) win the games you should, and beat two decently tough outs in Miami and Florida. Don’t forget about being a historic program, in a recruiting hotspot, that’s shown they are willing to invest in the facilities. What more could you ask for? 

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

I still don’t get why Jimbo left. He had it all. 

TexanUte
              Ute Fan
              @texanute

Don’t think he had 75 million guaranteed at FSU

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

IMO there’s more parity in the Pac-12, even with Oregon’s gobs of money.

Plus taggart is a florida guy, and FSU isn’t hurting for resources either

RiseasUtes
        Ute Fan
        @riseasutes

FSU is a top tier program nation wide.  Them along with Bama, Michigan, Ohio St, Oklahoma, Texas, Notre Dame, USC etc.  There are 10-12 dream programs for coaches and FSU is one of those.  Oregon has amazing facilities, access to Nike etc, but it’s not the same.

Puget Ute
          Ute Fan
          @pugetute

FSU is a Nike school too.  Awkward…

But the good news is Leavitt is following Taggart to FSU.  Leavitt was Colorado’s Oh-Fense Whisperer last year.  Getting him out of the conference is a good thing.

RiseasUtes
            Ute Fan
            @riseasutes

I agree.  Now if Tennessee would have just hired Leach I would have been really happy.

KiYi-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @kiyi-ute

The crab legs are way better in Tallahassee.

TexanUte
      Ute Fan
      @texanute

Jimbo claims they were NOT investing in the facilities or the program and complained constantly about antiquated facilities. Not sure why the perception that he had it all. If (and it is a big if) he wins big at A&M he will cement his legacy much more than staying at FSU. He also had bad feelings about that place given the situation with his exwife sleeping around town with much younger men. I can understand how he sees A&M as a fresh opportunity.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Taggart to FSU