TDS Independence is the gift that keeps on giving

Viewing 4 reply threads

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

With SEC’s announcement to go conf only today, BYU-P not only lost their game with Missouri but also has no chance of getting a game with Alabama like they hoped. Cougarboard is in complete meltdown mode right now.

AZUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @azutefan

Cougarboard goes from complete meltdown mode about an hour ago to now fully convinced Byu will be invited to join the Big XII Conference for the 2020 season.  Good luck with that…  

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

Yeah, it’s pretty funny watching their standard “knee-jerk” reactions to this news.  First their narrative was “Texas and Notre Dame has our backs”.  And then Notre Dame only talked to the ACC.  Then they changed it to “we’re gonna play Alabama” — and even went so far as to debate what the chances were that this game would be played in Provo.  Yeah.  They seriously did that over on cougarboard.  Then the SEC calls for a “league only” format, and all of sudden it’s “We need to lobby for the NCAA to CANCEL THE SEASON!”  And now, they’re back to dreaming about their [imaginary] special relationship with the Big 12.

Silly zoobs!

2 1

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

Missing a season for a program on life support is going to be a real joy to watch.

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

Is the tds football program in jeopardy of folding? Has there been discussion regarding the school ending the sport?

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

I honestly think it makes a lot of sense for the Big 12 to include tds this season. It would give each team 10 conference games, a competitive game for the bottom-tier programs, a cupcake for the top. It would also provide access to the LDS fan base and a relatively short plane trip for most schools. This has probably already been said before. Just my two cents.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

I agree. As much as I’d like to watch the TDS scramble to fill games and get left out, I think it would make sense for the big 12 for one season.

PhiladelphiaUte
            Ute Fan
            @philadelphiaute

I don’t think it makes any sense at all to add the tdS.  They’re just too high maintenance, and there are plenty of local teams those Big XII schools could add who won’t ask for much:  UTEP, UTSA, Rice, Houston, SMU, Texas St, North Texas, Tulsa, La Tech, Tulane, and Arkansas St.  And those are just the G5 schools.  There are plenty of FCS schools they could also choose from.

The Big XII doesn’t need ybU-p.  Never had.  Never will.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

They need their HD truck.

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

I get your point but I think what dystopian is suggesting is a one year deal. All of those teams that you mentioned have conference obligations. The TDS has none and right now, they’d be stupid to demand any sort of revenue sharing. Adding them, would give them a 10th game and at the end of the year, they can kick them to the curb.

I hope they don’t get invited, even if it for just one year. That would give their fan base too much hope but I agree with dystopian that it could make sense for them to do it.

X723
      Ute Fan
      @x723

Just let the baggage queens work it out …………………..

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Looks like BYU-P’s hopes and dreams continue to get crushed…report from Oklahoma claiming BYU is not an option for Big 12 this season. Next up: G5’s will announce conference-only leaving the Zoobs with Independents-only (minus ND of course) for a H-H round robin extravaganza. ESPN is going to love this programming content haha! Perhaps these games are aired on ESPN “the Ocho” starting at midnight on Thursday nights…
      Report says no chance BYU joins Big 12

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo TDS Independence is the gift that keeps on giving