The real 60 in 60

Viewing 2 reply threads

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

It’s pretty obvious that the 1280 “60 in 60” is total trash. They employ “the voice of the Aggies”.  They have to keep the coaches in the state happy if they ever want interviews. Not to mention that they have very long running shows that could only survive in this market by catering to a specific demographic that owns one of the schools in the state. 

The real 60 in 60 would be the best players at the most important positions.  I’d like to see how the first 60 picks would go if we had the HC’s from Utah, BYU, USU, and Weber St pick fantasy draft style.  I’d be shocked if a player from Weber cracked the top 60 picks. 

How far down the line would a BYU player be picked?  

Here’s how I think the first 10 picks would go.

1. Julian Blackmon

2.Tyler Huntly

3. Leki Fotu

4.Jack Tuttle

5. Bradley Anae

6. Jaylon Johnson

7. Britton Covey

8. Zach Moss

9. Chase Hansen

10. Matt Gay

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Not sure but I think most of the time the players selected are picked only after a year of college. Tuttle wouldn’t be on the list.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Tuttle for all his hype has done less than Mangum. Which is a good thing because Mangum really hasn’t done many positive things. 

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

Yeah, but he plays QB and was highly recruited.  I agree be shouldn’t be on the 60 in 60 list but in draft like I described I think he would go high. He’d be the next QB picked after Huntly and you have to have a QB to win (usually).  

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Hasn’t even played a snap so meh. 

Sweetness
            Ute Fan
            @sweetness

Mangum was the elite 11 co-MVP (as if you hadn’t heard that 100x), which is more than Jack did last year. He should be a stark warning to all of us that we need to pump the breaks on Tuttle. The college football world is littered with QBs just like jack that never amounted to much. Let’s let the kid get into a game and make some plays before we start making any declarations. By all accounts he is pretty far behind Huntley, so he’s got a ways to go. Who knows if he’s ever going to get there.  Otherwise I pretty much agree. 

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

I get why we all love him. Kid has been vocal proponent before he got here. This is huntleys team from everything I have heard. 

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

The list as I understand is the top impact players, not the best palyers.  So, I don’t think Huntley and Tuttle could both be on the list.  I generally agree with your top ten list. (I would have had Moss higher.)  However, I do think that Bushman from BYU will have a big impact for them.  I think he deserves to be in the top ten.  TakiTaki made the 1280 top ten.  I think that may have been wishful thinking.  However, he has shown some potential when he kept himself out of trouble.  I don’t know the Jordan Love kide from USU.  So, I don’t know if he deserved to be 10th or not.

Just my two cents.

1 1

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

God. Forget about Bushman. He’s looking like he won’t even be their #1 TE. He’s as overrated as Heaps, Mangum, Hoffman, etc. 

If he was at Utah, he’d be the third best TE, at best. He’s not a top ten player. 

2 2

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

You and I disagree on Bushman.  He had 49 cathes for over 500 yards last year.  That may be higher than any tight end in Utah history.  I’ve heard the talk about his lack of blocking and other things.  I don’t know about that.  What I do know is he got open and made plays.  He will be in the top ten.

Rather he would start at Utah, we will probably never know.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

I still think of that big drop jake Jackson has in the bowl game. Utah really sucked at te last year. 

ironman1315
              Ute Fan
              @ironman1315

Which ones?

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

The drop by Handley was a broken RPO Simpkins threw to him. The one to Jackson was right in the bread basket from Huntley and Jackson was wide open. It dropped right out of his arms. 

Utah
              Ute Fan
              @utah

Handley’s drop in the end zone? Is that what you were thinking about?

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The real 60 in 60