There’s a selfish fan side of me that hurts superficially

Viewing 3 reply threads

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

and there’s the compassionate side of me that hurts deep when Ty was always posting about doing this football career for his momma and having such a bright future and potential life changing career for him and his family. It’s tragic, it hurts deep. Then I start to feel some anger. WTF happened?!?!?

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

Right there with you, Hammer…

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I could not have said it better.

Crow
      Ute Fan
      @crow

Then I wonder if Utah had played a bowl game and not passed would he still be alive. Because he would be on campus practicing.

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Apparently he shot himself in the hip and couldn’t recover. Damn it. I too have thought about the bowl game. But this is a crazy year. So I can’t blame the team having not experienced what they did. So weird to accidentally shoot yourself on Christmas. WTF happened? Why are you even in that situation?

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

Why are you even in that situation?

I think that is the key to all this

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

I had those same thoughts. I can’t help but think the team and coaches are also thinking the same thing. I’m sure some of them are blaming themselves for voting not to go to the bowl. I hope they don’t blame themselves, it’s not their fault no one could have foreseen this.

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

Woulda coulda shoulda. Hindsight is 20/20. If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we’d all have a wonderful Christmas.

How do we know some other tragedy wouldn’t have befallen him here in SLC? How do we know something tragic wouldn’t have happened to the entire team on the way to the bowl game?

Thinking about these speculatives will drive a person crazy, so my advice is not to do it.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

You’re exactly correct. But, some people will blame themselves. Grieving people don’t always think rationally.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football There’s a selfish fan side of me that hurts superficially