this annual cycle of not having a shot at the the top 4/5 star kid in the state

4 3

rbmw263
    Ute Fan
    @rbmw263

and then suddenly gaining steam late in the recruiting period only to still not really have any shot at him is getting old. I cant tell if its a recruiting site strategy to maintain interest or if its actually happening but whatever it is is played out. 

BattleGroundUte
    Ute Fan
    @battlegroundute

It’s all about perspective. I want players who want to play at Utah and attend school here. I believe it is a challenge to play for Utah.  If you don’t want to face that challenge not a loss for the school but for the player. Utah is committed to winning. Not just on the field also in the classroom and life.  

I am not saying kids go where it is easier and we are better or anything prideful. It may come over that way I don’t really care.  I am happy with who Utah got this year. Even the PWO who were excited to commit by signing and turning it in like a regular kid. Those are the ones who may make the difference. The ones who want to get to work instead of live in a moment so insignificant perspective wise in your career. 

3 10

Pace Manyung
      Ute Fan
      @a2ute

Alex, I’ll take “what a zoob says” for $500

Duhwayne
    Ute Fan
    @duhwayne

Did Chris Peterson get on Sportsbeat in the end? Local TV should not be offering this platform for out of state programs.

pedro
    Ute Fan
    @pedro

I don’t get why  this is a priority for so many fans.  I think it’s cool when local kids play here and I love to support them.  But, what I care about more is winning.  It we go to the PAC championship again and have a change at a NC some day and not a single local kid is on the team, I will not care.  It would be cool, but not going to lose any sleep over it.  

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Utah Utes Message Board Forums Utah Utes Sports Football this annual cycle of not having a shot at the the top 4/5 star kid in the state

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  pedro 5 months ago.