This hoops team and the support makes me sad. Hopefully better days coming…

Viewing 3 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

this team will beat Arizona for some reason. hashtag manifest.

4 15

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

There is nothing to support. We don’t have a duty to support athletes. We aren’t getting compensated for supporting them. If they don’t provide an entertaining product, they won’t be supported

if fans want this thing to turn around, find the next Lebron and pay them 10 mil to come to Utah. its either that or get lucky recruiting a couple of unknowns like LK did. If Smith can’t get his own team’s fan to commit, how is he going to bring in anyone else?

1 8

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Lots of thumbs down but nobody seems to actually have a different answer I see.

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

I did not give a thumbs down, but I do have a different answer. 

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

Please offer a thumbs down to this post, if you also hold the view that we don’t have a duty to support athletes.

Chilly
        Ute Fan
        @chilly

I generally agree with the statement that we don’t have a duty to support the team. However, supporting the team by attending games makes a very material impact on the success of the program, particularly as it relates to recruiting. Schools that have legions of fans who show up to watch games are going to have a lot easier time rebuilding their programs after some down years. Can a coach/athletic department build a successful program with a fanbase that only shows up once they’re successful? Yes, but it’s really hard. You need to find kids who don’t care about playing in front of fans to take a leap and win games without the same “home field advantage” that their opponents have when they travel.

pics
      Ute Fan
      @pics

Lebron didn’t attend college.

RustyShackleford
        Ute Fan
        @shakyute13

You know who else didn’t go to business school? Lebron James, Tracy McGrady, Kobe Bryant, they went right from high school to the nba

1 4

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Maybe he would have if someone offered him a huge NIL deal.

1 6

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Lebron not going to college is irrelevant. I said the next Lebron (as in the next sure thing NBA star).

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

For me, it’s more an issue with the sport itself. I just find basketball to be incredibly boring in general. If I were to watch a game or attend a game or support a team it would obviously be Utah, but I really have no particular desire to do any of those.

It has nothing to do with the coach or the players, I just really don’t enjoy the sport at all any more.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) This hoops team and the support makes me sad. Hopefully better days coming…