This is why our offense is Bull S**t in my opinion.

Viewing 4 reply threads
      5 1

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

You have a running quarterback that is the fastest kid on the field but you won’t call runs for him. Are you telling me if once out of every three-four plays NJ attempting to burn around the corner wouldn’t spread out the defense and open up those middle runs? If you go with NJ, you have to use his strength, often! 3 for 12 in the first half with no called runs for Nate and 8 for 23 in the game isn’t going to cut it. RUN him!

Tednab
      Ute Fan
      @tednab

Best way to fix a loss , is just go out and win .. this seem to be a trend last few years .. loss to San Diego then go on a tear .. loss to ucla go on a tear .. team will rebound , growing pains

2 1

Crow
      Ute Fan
      @crow

The problem is Barnes was knocked out and went to the hospital. Johnson was limping. So are you going to run him and get him knocked out

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Try to win the game using the strength of your players, not their weaknesses. Game plan from the start should have been to put Oregon state on notice that Utah will run Nate. We made Nate a sitting duck in the pocket. That’s why he got dinged up.

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

Don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone make a case for a QB getting hurt because he stayed in the pocket too much and didn’t run the ball enough

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

It’s not often you see a team get free runs up the gut at your QB for 4 quarters. Desperate measures and all that

Ute Dub
            Ute Fan
            @chestercopperpot

That pocket wouldn’t have been as dangerous if Nate would have run on the read option a few times and made the defense worry about contain before blitzing non stop.

22Ute22
      Ute Fan
      @utedagoat

The weird thing is that as soon as Barnes was put in, Ludwig called a bootleg play. Where was that with NJ?

dleto
      Ute Fan
      @dleto

Also, when they have called runs for NJ, they have been the most ridiculous calls. Hey Nate, you’re super fast right? So just snap the ball, pause for a second, then run straight at the line and we’ll hope for the best! They’ve done a terrible job with the play calling with designed runs and have set him up for failure 100% (not saying they’re doing it on purpose to make him fail, just that the playcalling has been atrocious for his designed runs).

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football This is why our offense is Bull S**t in my opinion.