This is why

Viewing 5 reply threads

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

You don’t let your important QBs go live in scrimmages when you know your starter isn’t going to play in preseason. We need Rose so bad right now.

7 8

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Unless Rising can come back and play the conference schedule at a high level, Utah will be lucky to win four games this season. They currently have, by far, the worst QB room in the entire PAC 12.

4 6

Italy88
        Ute Fan
        @itacoatiara22

Dad, is that you? That’s about as big of a fair weather fan statement as I’ve seen this year.

1 1

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

LOL…you obviously don’t watch any football beyond Utah…the PAC 12 is stacked with elite QBs…there could easily be three or four PAC QBs (and Rising is not one of them) taken in the 1st RD of next year’s NFL draft. A Utah QB room that has Barnes and Johnson as QBs 1 and 2 (or vice versa) is easily, easily the worst QB room in the PAC. I’m not being a fair-weather fan, just brutally honest.

7 1

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I am extremely disappointed that we had an entire off-season to develop a QB and we could not do it. Some say Rose would have been the guy, but OnlyU reported that he may not have been. In any event we do not have any offense right now.

7 5

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

OnlyU is great when it comes to reporting inside stuff… but his assessments of the talent are just as rosy as any other fan.

GaUTE
      Ute Fan
      @seetotheoreye

I understand concerns with QB, injuries and conservative play calling, I do. but, let’s look at things a little differently right now – no excuses of humidity, heat, traveling, time of game – it’s hard to get into a rhythm the first of the year, look at the history.. Cam or not. Barnes needs to find his rhythm and his confidence, he needs to focus on what he’s capable of doing and ignore the noise. Yes, we have injuries, yes, we had “all off season” but honestly – hindsight. There’s a whole other half of this game and Utah will always be next man up… so, man up.

GaUTE
        Ute Fan
        @seetotheoreye

Barnes didn’t find his rhythm. Nate was the next man up and he found the rhythm and ball security that was a concern in week 1. Gotta keep that spark moving, keep him with the 1s all week and get our others healthy and keep moving forward. look at plays that lean to Nate’s strengths and let’s get Cam and others to 150% and ready to go.

2 2

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Yep. If QB1 is out, I don’t understand why QB2 is live

3 2

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

If Barnes comes out in the second half in going to f**king snap.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

I don’t know why they don’t just go with Johnson. Can’t be any worse

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

Exactly. And the team seems to respond to his energy. Barnes doesn’t have the team. Once rising returns, what if he suffered a set back… we go back to Barnes and win 5 games?

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

What’s happened to Yasmin? The TE position is a total non-factor thus far.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.