Tony, I can not block Pace on mobile.

Viewing 5 reply threads
      6 2

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I continue to see his worthless troll posts. Is this some sort of cruel joke? Allow me to block him or just ban his slimy ass. I’m tired of it, and it’s really hampering my enjoyment of this site.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

He rides my bus to work every day. Yesterday morning, he was wearing a Hunter S. Thompson t-shirt.

UrbanLiar
      Ute Fan
      @urbanliar

Tony FYI I blocked him too, but sometimes his troll posts still show up in replies to someone else’s original posts, but have only been scrubbed from the “latest activity” feed. But other times the “blocked” notice appears when he trolls a new reply and the rest of the threads below his trolling appears to be blocked due to his presence.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Does “on mobile” mean on your mobile browser? Or does it mean on the app?  What device are you using?  What happens?  What are you doing?  Give me some details so I can try to help.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

On the iPhone app. At the top it says “blocks enabled” No matter how many times I click ‘block this user’ HE WONT GO AWAY.

BTW, thanks very much for your attention.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

I just tried blocking him on my app (android). It seems to be working.  Can you go to your home page on the app, then click settings, then at the bottom click User Blocks and see if any of your blocked users are listed there? 

By the way, do you have the latest version of the app?  Always good to make sure on that.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

I do not see any text that says “block this user” in the app.  In the app you click on the down arrow of a post by the user you want to block.  A window will pop up with a bunch of things you can do like report content, block user etc.  It should say “BLOCK (USERNAME)”.  Is that what you see?  Can you post a screen cap?

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

I also don’t see the text “blocks enabled.” I think your app version is out of date. At the top of the latest topics or latest activity in the header of the app you should see the phrase “user blocks on.” Also note that if you block someone on the website, that is separate than the app.

Utesbyfive
            Ute Fan
            @utesbyfive

I looked at the user blocks and Pace was on the list four times. I removed those and blocked him again. We shall see.

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

I use mobile browser on Android and I never see him.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Yeah the blocks can be tricky. Typically if a user is blocked, replies of posts from that user will not appear.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Be easier if I had an IP ban button. Just sayin

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

With VPN’s so easily accessible these days, and IP ban may not do much.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site Comments and Suggestions Tony, I can not block Pace on mobile.