Transfer Portal: question about Chaz Ah You

Viewing 3 reply threads

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

I haven’t followed Ah You’s career at all. Just wondering if anyone thinks he would be a good addition or not?

My thought is we are still looking for experienced depth pieces. Ah You is experienced but is he someone good enough to be in our 2 deep?

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

His career has been plagued by injuries. He was supposedly going to medically reitre then entered the portal instead. He was overrated in high school and very arrogant. Don’t know what kind of person he is now, but I doubt he’d be much help even if his attitude has changed.

He’s the guy who did the helicopter landing in LES thing to announce his commitment.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

That helicopter landing was the most ridiculous commitment announcement I’ve ever seen. He said it was to show that he wasn’t “walking on”.

I can’t say I know if he’d be a good addition. My guess is he’s looking for a starting spot and doesn’t want to be a depth piece so he’ll probably end up G5 or FCS.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Yea I remember the helicopter commitment…that was so lame. If he’s been injury plagued then I doubt he’s someone the coaches would be considering. Thanks for the insight!

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

MDUte
            Ute Fan
            @mdute

Yes that’s him. Utah has had success giving 2nd chances to kids like Francis Bernard who made mistakes at TDS.

But it sounds like he’s not been healthy enough or productive enough for Utah to be interested.

Utah
              Ute Fan
              @utah

Ah You and Bernard are completely different situations.

Bernard was a situation of a very overzealous honor code nazi looking to bust a BYU player. Bernard was in a parking lot and the cops essentially waited until the car moved, pulled them over and found an open container of alcohol in the car. Not smart, not what I’d want my kids to do but also not anything near what Ah You was doing.

Ah You was inebriated going 75 mph in a 35 mph.

Very, very different situations.

Bernard was a normal person essentially being stalked by a honor code nazi.

Ah You was incredibly dumb.

UTEopia
      Ute Fan
      @uteopia

I don’t think he adds needed depth.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

The “helicopter” commitment suggests he’s too much of a “peac**k” for Utah. We need “team players”. Not “glory whores”.

Hard pass.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

This reminds me of what Bodkin said. She said there are a lot of players that want to come to Utah, but Utah is being very picky about who they are letting in. They know they are in a place where they can win the Big 12 and really establish themselves in a new conference and they don’t want a dud to ruin it.

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

I agree and loved hearing that bit of the interview. Really excited to see who the coaches bring in next. Sounds like some really good additions are coming soon!

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Transfer Portal: question about Chaz Ah You