Troy Williams shouldn’t run the ball.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hit the GAP!!!

utahpunk
      Ute Fan
      @utahpunk

I saw this on the replay and damn near threw the remote control at the wall. How do you miss a gap that big? That was 6 points.

Anonymous
        Inactive

But then I saw another where it was a QB draw and he followed his blockers pretty well on that one.  I guess you can say he has consistency issues.  Watching TWill in the moment you want to bag on him.  You watch the game again being analytical and see he makes pretty good decisons.  My one knock on him consistently has been his running.  Don’t know if it is the injury and he still isn’t 100% but he is very tentative and slow to exploded up field.  

1 1

Anonymous
      Inactive

Troy has shown us all glimpses of brilliance, particularly on long passes. However, his accuracy suffers badly when he rolls out and throws on the run. IMO his fatal flaw is a low football IQ and this tape shows that. When he’s under physical threat, his decision making just falls apart. I mean he threw the ball away on a 2 point conversion that we absolutely needed. That tells me he followed the coaches input to throw the ball away when nothing is there (see BYU game) instead of thinking in the moment what was needed to be done. In short: incapable of making good decisions on the fly. Not good for a QB. He done.

Xanthis
        Ute Fan
        @xanthis

Troy is done? You aren’t going to be putting Huntley in to start next year unless he somehow miraculously puts on 40 pounds before next season. We don’t have depth at QB to make the decision that Troy isn’t the starter going into next year. He may lose the job, but its his to lose. 

utahpunk
        Ute Fan
        @utahpunk

He’s not done. He will be better next season. I think this season was a big eye-opener for him. He looked like a god against JUCO guys, and showed he has some natural skills. We took a chance on him, and he gave us a full season of play.

Next year he will know what it’s like to face teams with more talent, speed, and skill than he saw at the JUCO level. He made progressions this year, and I have faith that he’ll watch a lot of film, and really learn from what he sees.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Troy Williams shouldn’t run the ball.