Tuttle info

Viewing 11 reply threads

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Out watching HS football game tonight…apparently I was vague so I’ll say it again.  Tuttle has decided to transfer.  He was not at practice today and Whit announced it to the team after practice.  

When a player announces this he doesn’t usually admit to it being a playing time issue because they need to maintain their value as a high character, good teammate in the eyes of future suitors.  I’m not going to tell you the reasons he gave.  It will come out how they want it to come out.  

My opinion is that he wasn’t happy being listed as a No. 3.  He expected to play early and it didn’t appear that was going to happen.  That said, he wasn’t ready to play at this level today and I was present when this comment about whether or not he would actually be the one to take the field if Tyler was injured: “Jack would s**t himself in a game.  He’s such a headcase…everyone on the team knows it too.”  

Doesn’t mean anything other than he’s got plenty of growing up to do…as do most freshman.  Unfortunately he has chosen not to wait his turn here.  No more and no less.  Is it frustrating? Of course…However if you pay attention it’s not at all uncommon.  How many QB’s transfer when they don’t win the job or are listed behind an underclassman or two?  Happens all the time.  He was a big recruit but hasn’t proven anything on the field to date.  Hopefully for his sake he can grow and produce for someone down the road.

A few more things…we will replace him with a quality player.  Our recruiting continues to improve.  The comments about a poor culture are ridiculous.  We have great leadership from coaches to players.  There are no major discipline issues and you have quality men leading the program and quality kids who value the family values that Utah football represents

I don’t post anywhere else…give you the info I can, when I can.  That’s it.  Go Utes!

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

Two questions on the “Jack would s**t himself” comment:

1) How long ago was this comment made?

2) Without naming names(unless you want to), who made the comment and in what context? (a coach? a player? support staff? media member?) 

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Two weeks ago…conversation about what we’d do if something happened to Tyler.  It was someone in the offensive room.  

1 2

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

Thanks! 

Wow. That seems pretty damning and makes me even more frustrated that we stuck with him rather than going after Wilson. Seems like *Tuttle being such a headcase is something that should have been discovered during the recruiting process. And whether Wilson would turn into anything for us or not, at least BYU wouldn’t have themselves what appears to be a pretty good QB for the next 4 years.

*edited for clarity

leftyjace
            Ute Fan
            @leftyjace

Oh come on. Be reasonable.

If there was anything during recruitment process that would indicate that what is happening now would happen, the Utah coaching staff would definitely have distanced themselves from Tuttle regardless of where they were in the process.

We just have to admit that it is most likely you couldn’t see this coming.

2 1

RiseasUtes
              Ute Fan
              @riseasutes

Obviously, the thing that upsets me the most is that we didn’t bring in any other QBs.  I really wish Wilson was in a Ute uniform like he wanted to be.  Not saying he would be great, but he would want to be here and he wouldn’t be wearing blue.

1 2

UteThunder
              Ute Fan
              @utethunder

I’m not talking about the transferring part. I’m talking about him being a headcase. It seems like that is something the coaches could have and should have picked up on during the 2-3 years they were recruiting him. I know, hindsight is 20/20, but if it is that bad, I don’t know how they didn’t pick up on it before he got here.

leftyjace
                Ute Fan
                @leftyjace

Well, I’m a head case and my employer put me through a more rigorous interview and vetting process than Tuttle went through. Yet they still hired me. Ha!

So there. 

UteThunder
                  Ute Fan
                  @utethunder

Does your boss know you’re looking for a new job? 😉

leftyjace
                    Ute Fan
                    @leftyjace

This was… I’m talking about… oh, never mind. 

St George Ute
                  Ute Fan
                  @stgeorgeute

I can confirm that Lefty is a headcase…one of the best darn headcases, men, and people you will ever find. 🙂

leftyjace
                    Ute Fan
                    @leftyjace

Love you brother. You’re one to talk, stud. UofU EMBA Class of ’11 for the win!

1 1

Utah
              Ute Fan
              @utah

I disagree. Being a headcase doesn’t mean he sucks. It means he’s a freshman who has the deer in headlights look. It means he needs time to learn the offense and get up to speed. 

1 1

UteThunder
                Ute Fan
                @utethunder

I could not disagree more. A comment like that isn’t made if he just isn’t up to speed yet. They would just say he isn’t anywhere close to being ready. Saying he is a headcase tells me there’s more obstacles in his development than just needing more time.

Virginia Ute
      Ute Fan
      @virginiaute

Thanks for the info!  Gives some very good insight on the issue.  

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Dear OnlyU,

I can’t say it enough. Thanks for your insight. I’m glad you post here. 

Sincerely and With Feeling,

Lefty

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

This isn’t going to go over well in local media. Mostly because the local media are dingus’ with no insider knowledge and generally begrudge the program for its continued success. 

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

Better now than in 1 or 2 years. Oh well. Let’s hope we bring in more talent to replace him

alharmon
      @alharmon

Sucks to see him go but I think we’ll be alright.

Thanks for the info OnlyU!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Thanks very much Onlyu. My theory was that Tuttle is an alpha dog, and if he couldn’t be that here, now, he wanted to move somewhere he would be. It may be just as simple as that.

Duhwayne
        Ute Fan
        @duhwayne

Has anyone brought up Jake Heaps? High marks, uber involved parents.

I hope he does well elsewhere, but transferring six games in? Frosh year is too early for almost anyone.

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

Great info as always, thanks for being willing to share it.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

My question is, “What HS game were you at.”

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

The culture comments are stupid. The only issue with culture would be that Tuttle doesn’t fit. I can’t believe people would automatically blame the culture and not a snot nosed kid from California.

UteBeliever
      Ute Fan
      @utebeliever

So, to recap, Tuttle was essentially Jake Heaps.

He was Jack Heaps, if you will.

He was coached and groomed and instructed and tutored to the max as a HS kid. Just like Heaps. Peaked talent-wise. And is a headcase. Like Heaps.

We should have had an inkling of this with his 7 on 7 performances which were lackluster. The receivers were blamed for that, IIRC.

If, as it seems, he is Heaps 2.0, it’s best for us that we found that out now and we have moved on. Much easier than the circus that surrounded Heaps both on and off the field.

If we can land Daniels, this will be forgotten as will Wilson at the BYU.

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.