UCLA TE in Portal

Viewing 3 reply threads

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

Carsen Ryan, sophomore TE at UCLA, just announced his intention to hit the portal. He’s from Orem, UT. Have to imagine he’s a target for us.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

His family was pretty p**sed with how his recruitment or lack thereof went with Utah the first time around. Maybe time has calmed the waters. His grandma told me Chip was texting him almost daily and the Utah coaches wouldn’t even schedule a meeting.

Guess we will see.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

Legs to this one for sure.

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

I remember bringing him up during that cycle. Was it you that said he wasn’t a good fit?

I wonder what’s changed in the last two years since he never held a Utah offer?

Onlyu
              Ute Fan
              @uf8fl

Concern was his size. He’s not the mobile TE like Brant and there was even worry that he’d end up as an OL. Hes proven to be more capable as a pass catcher than I think they believed but would still be utilized in the rhino role most often if here.

It’s also fair to note what the room looked like two years ago. You put things together based on need and skill set. Was never a criticism of Carson, just a question of roster fit at the time and we know that changes each year.

Onlyu
                Ute Fan
                @uf8fl

Conyers from ASU entering could affect Carson. I think we get one or the other.

22Ute22
                  Ute Fan
                  @utedagoat

Yeah, I saw that we are apparently talking to both? Is there really no chance of landing both? No offense to Miki, but he simply isn’t good enough at TE. We could easily play both on the field and rotate them out. It’s honestly what I would like to see, especially since it’s unlikely that an elite WR would come to Utah. Might as well go all in on the TE’s and bully the big 12 into submission!

22Ute22
      Ute Fan
      @utedagoat

Wow, I didn’t think he was too special looking at his stats and rating, but apparently the UCLA 247 board thinks this is a big time loss for them. Let’s go!

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

He was the only one who made plays in that offensive explosion of a game between Utah and UCLA this year.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football UCLA TE in Portal