Um, Just a question, when was the last time we had a class with no JUCOs?

Viewing 4 reply threads

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I went back several years, and always a JUCO.

AgouraUte
      @agouraute

We signed a preferred walk on JUCO wide receiver this year

Swoop Doggy Dogg
      Ute Fan
      @swoopdoggydogg

Interesting. Yeah, that’s true. Devontae Booker, John White, Garrett Bolles to name a few.

I’ve heard it’s always better to develop freshmen in the system and have them around for 4-5 years rather than take a flyer on a JUCO guy only going to be around for 1-2 years.

I wonder how the transfer portal is changing that scenario, as well. Utah’s dipped into that a few times.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I love it! Utah has some potential here. With this Florida and Baylor series coming up.  Gonna be entertaining. 

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

I honestly think this is more of a breakthrough in recruiting than the previous classes which weren’t bad, but had JUCOs as stopgaps for lack of depth. It’s been a good strategy, but if we’re going to get into the upper echelon of Pac-12 teams consistently, we have to recruit them young and develop the best talent within the Utah system.

1 5

User Suspended
          @a2ute

Finally, someone gets it. JUCO and even transfer is a dead end.

If you’re relying on JUCO or transfers to function as a program… you’re in trouble.

RiseasUtes
            Ute Fan
            @riseasutes

Cam Newton, Aaron Rodgers among many others were JC transfers.  It can be a very good bridge to a freshman or sophomore that’s still learning.  Just for us the last several years – Blair, Bolles, Ballard, Paul, Lewis, Booker, Williams etc have been great stop gaps for us.

Utahute72
            Ute Fan
            @utahute72

No, you don’t get it. JUCOs and transfers fill gaps. Every school loses players due to medical retirements, departures, academic casualties, etc.

Utahute72
            Ute Fan
            @utahute72

OJ Simpson was a JUCO transfer. Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray and the current OK QB were one year transfers. As was Joe Burrow. Cam Newton was actually a JUCO transfer, as were some of our best DB players. Bolles was a JUCO transfer. Really sometimes you should do some research before you post stupid stuff.

Dante Guardi
      Ute Fan
      @danteg12

most Jucos dont sign until February so theres still time, hoping we can try to recruit Art Green to get more depth in the secondary

Utahute72
        Ute Fan
        @utahute72

It depends, if they are planning on joining the team in January they’ve always signed early.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Um, Just a question, when was the last time we had a class with no JUCOs?