USC homer

Viewing 8 reply threads

highlandute7
      Ute Fan
      @highlandute7

I know we are focused on Florida right now but found it somewhat funny that this homer is already saying USC should go 12-0. I hope this is remembered when we head to the Colesium for our last PAC12 game against them. Love this piece from it:

“The week after visiting Notre Dame, the Trojans return home to host Utah and, even if lovable quarterback Cameron Rising has fully recovered from his knee injury, there’s no way the Utes beat a Lincoln Riley team three times in one calendar year.”

Somewhat helpful that they play at ND the week before while we are at home vs Cal.

USC 12-0 or bust

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

I think USC will start out 6-0 and get all the love and attention. Then they will go 2-4 over their last 6 games which is a buzzsaw.

This is their last 6 games.
      Notre Dame
      Utah
      Cal
      Washington
      Oregon
      UCLA

22Ute22
        Ute Fan
        @utedagoat

I don’t see USC going 8-4 unless they suffer major injuries. 9-3 is very possible though.

6 3

Redblood
      Ute Fan
      @redblood

They already have that game circled. During PAC media days Riley and Williams kept getting asked about Utah. When a team that talented has you circled and is at home it is going to be tough sledding. I don’t see us winning that game, we’ll show up and play hard tho. In the end getting to the PAC championship again is the key.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

The next scholarship Riley gives to a defensive player will be the first one.

Guy cares nothing about Defense. Williams kept them in the game in SLC but as soon as he got hurt in Vegas it was over for them.

Utah will hang another 40 burger on them.

22Ute22
      Ute Fan
      @utedagoat

Lmao no way they go 12-0. I think 10-2 is most likely for USC, with 11-1 and 9-3 being equally likely.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

That last six game stretch is brutal. Even the Cal game isn’t a gimme. Cal typically matches up well with USC and only lost 41-35 against the Trojans last year in the Coliseum. Here’s the thing, there’s a massive talent drop-off at the QB position after Williams. If he gets hurt or is out for any period of time, something that’s not out of the realm of possibility given his style of play, then it’s curtains for USC. I hate watched most of USC’s games last years and there were a bunch of games (OSU, Wazzu, Cal, Notre Dame) where USC basically won because Williams worked his magic. And here’s the other thing…unless something significantly out of the ordinary happens, Williams is going to be #1 draft pick in next year’s NFL draft. I can seriously envision an scenario where Williams picks up a short-term injury, shuts down his college career, and starts prepping for the NFL. Who’s going to lead USC to victory then, Miller Moss?

Ol’ Lefty
      Ute Fan
      @alphachicken

I agree Miami, I think USC has been exposed. Williams, although very good, hes pretty predictable. I think O’Toole will have a huge game. He probably has Williams’ little spin move still playing in his head after the Championship game. 4 victories in a row would be awesome.

Trojan209
      Ute Fan
      @trojan209

I’ve been a lurker on the board for a few years and finally made an account just to say Plaschke is a USC hater. Not a homer. Going back decades he claimed hiring Pete Carroll was one of the worst decisions the university could make. To be fair not a lot of people were high on him back then but Plaschke never came around. He’s claimed numerous times that UCLA is back and runs LA, even as recent as last season. He’s never been pro USC, and most USC fans see some of the sarcasm in his most recent article.

For Pete’s Sake, USC, Why Did You Do It?

UCLA will beat USC

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

@trojan209 thanks for finally coming around to posting. Post more! Cheers.

Trojan209
          Ute Fan
          @trojan209

I should have and now I’m regretting it with all the realignment changes.

Duhwayne
            Ute Fan
            @duhwayne

I lived in CA among Trojan fans for a few years. I’ll miss playing USC regularly. Wishing you the best in B1G. Hoping consolidation winnows B1G and B12 into something with both teams. All we can do is win to keep going.

tarheelute
      Ute Fan
      @tarheelute

A homer or someone who is enthusiastic about 2023. Otherwise 12-0 (13%, 26 Votes) of the board are homers as well.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.