Utah needs to embrace being “the villain”

Viewing 6 reply threads
      10 1

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

This is exactly the type of company Utah wants to keep!

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

And here’s the list TSPP fans are hoping to make. I’d much rather be on the first list!

Ute in Chatt
        Ute Fan
        @phinney23

I’m not sure how we got on that list of the most hated, but let’s stay there. Most of those teams are RELEVANT year in and year out. TSPP can have the other list all they want. Those teams are bottom feeders most years. Thanks for sharing, and VILLIAN UTES is what we are.i would so much rather have other team’s fans fear us than feel sorry for us because we suck again.

UteNamedOg
        Ute Fan
        @utenamedog

Agreed. Second list is for pussies.

DataUte
        Ute Fan
        @scotwaye

I feel more pity or meh than ‘liked’.
        Mizzou – I just haven’t really ever heard anyone with a strong opinion either way about MO (or St. Louis, etc.).
        Rutgers – probably just NY/NJ connections?
        KU – feel bad they are bad for so long that when they show some promise, people get excited (but I think people want BB to lose).
        Boise? disagree – maybe some like that they beat OU 20 years ago with statue of liberty and have blue turf, but not me. I want them to lose.
        Iowa – they’re cool and have the wave thing to the kids hospital. Long-time coach and generally a 6-8 win team. Kind of like Wisconsin. They don’t bother people.
        Iowa St. – more forgotten than liked
        Oregon St. – pity from the PAC12 fallout
        UAB – cool mascot. that’s all
        UTSA – up and comer that is winning it seems. Plus Roadrunners are cool
        Tulane – small school in a cool city with a weird name (green wave?!) that has had some success
        App St. – up and comer and beat UM way back when
        Charleston – turquoise field and mullets? nah, I’ll pass on that one

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I don’t care about dumb lists like this. Fans get their panties all in a bunch about who is on the list and who isn’t and all that. Let’s just play some effing Utah football. Tough team. Great defense. Efficient offense. If that’s being a “villain” then fine.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I’m with Tony. These lists are stupid and subjective.

Tough team. Great defense. Efficient offense. If that’s being a “villain” then fine.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

If someone needs to wear the black hat in the new big12 it might as well be Utah.

I’ve never understood the Zoobs fascination to be liked by everyone. It seems kind of weird in a creepy insecure kind of way.

If opposing fans don’t want to come to RES good stay away.

Uteanooga
        Ute Fan
        @uteanooga

“I’ve never understood the Zoobs fascination to be liked by everyone. It seems kind of weird in a creepy insecure kind of way.”

That is pretty funny. Does anyone who is not affiliated actually like BYU? I very much doubt that.

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Remember back in the 80s when BYU was named by SI calling them the most hated team in college football?

DataUte
        Ute Fan
        @scotwaye

Last time anyone noticed them

Gugstanley
      Ute Fan
      @gugstanley

Gymnastics has been hated forever might as well include football

DataUte
      Ute Fan
      @scotwaye

Sometimes I wonder if sites like this even know if Utah is not in Provo or BYU isn’t in SLC. I think there sometimes is a mix. But if it’s hated teams vs hated fans, that’s fine with me. Utah was the BCS buster, UCF claimed a natty, Liberty is, well Liberty. The rest are generally past or present powerhouses so people want them to lose. Utah might be entering that group, so I’m fine with that.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Sometimes I wonder if sites like this even know if Utah is not in Provo or BYU isn’t in SLC.

They don’t.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah needs to embrace being “the villain”