Utah Only Has 898 Passing Yards This Season

Viewing 4 reply threads

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

By way of inference, Colorado has almost 2500. Utes winning due to defense, turnovers and a decent running game. We just need to continue to improve the passing game in order to keep teams honest.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Just a few successful passes and we can be fine. That will open up the run better. Is that asking too much?

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

Iowa only has 779 passing yards. Even better, only 225 to WR’s. They are 6-1

1 4

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

That’s one heck of a recruiting pitch: “come to Salt Lake. Our offense is better than Iowa’s, aka the worst offense in the nation”

NarfUte
          Ute Fan
          @narfute

Hey now, Akron, Nevada, Kent St, and Eastern Michigan are also worse. But that’s it. That’s the list.

1 1

22Ute22
            Ute Fan
            @utedagoat

Just the fact that we have to say we are not worse than Nevada, Akron, Kent State, or Eastern Michigan should tell you everything.

BD
        Ute Fan
        @flyfisherman

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

That’s called coaching…. winning with what you got

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I thought I saw a stat prior to yesterday’s game that the Utes have the 8th rushing offense in the country. Of course, I’d like better passing, but after yesterday, I’m sure the Utes moved up in the rushing category.

Yergensen
        Ute Fan
        @yergensen

That can’t be rushing offense. It’s rushing defense. When your offense is ranked bottom 10 it’s impossible that the rushing component could be top 10.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

With yesterday’s offensive explosion, Utah is now #115 in the nation on offense.

Yergensen
            Ute Fan
            @yergensen

Movin on up to the East side to a deluxe apartment in the sky

The Miami Ute
              Ute Fan
              @themiamiute

LOL…”The Jeffersons” and “Sanford and Son” were my favorite series growing up.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

You’re right. Utah has the 46th ranked rushing offense.
          link

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

Up to 2nd in Rushing yards allowed / game at 66.8. 9th in all yds/game at 277.8. Still at 5th in ppg allowed at 12.2.

47th in Rushing offense at 172.7, 118th in all yds/game at 322.2, tied for 112th with 21.67 ppg

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

If Utah had the 8th rushing offense they are probably undefeated and top ten.

3 6

RoboUte
          Ute Fan
          @hamplate

No probably about it, the mismanagement of our offense has cratered a season that had tremendous potential. Perhaps the most in program history.

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

I think we were right on the cusp in 2019. The only loss in the regular season was a shocking defeat at USC (I still see Matt Fink throwing it to Michael Pittman in my nightmares) and a victory in the CCG would have put us in the CFP. The next two games will tell us a lot about this team/season.

6 1

UteBrook
            Ute Fan
            @utebrook

I just don’t understand how our 5-1 record shows our season has cratered. Please explain?

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

Because the Utes haven’t played the meat of their schedule yet. With this D, and just an above average offense, the Utes are 6-0, top 10 and still in CFP discussion. None of that is true now.

lgt4141
                Ute Fan
                @lgt4141

After yesterday I don’t think this team has even played to their potential. Many times in the country would love to be 5-1 right where we are at.

RoboUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @hamplate

It’s a loser mentality to to compare your team to the median and you can damn sure bet no one on the team or in the coaching staff is doing it.

RoboUte
              Ute Fan
              @hamplate

Sure, here’s the cliff notes: result based analysis is for idiots and conmen.

If you don’t understand why Utah is in trouble right now there’s nothing I, or anyone else, can do for you.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah Only Has 898 Passing Yards This Season