Utah Radio broadcast of the Utah-USC Ending

Viewing 4 reply threads

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

I saw a clip of the USC radio broadcast, and I was a bit miffed with their description of this game as the biggest in Utah’s program history. What sore losers!

cicampbe
      Ute Fan
      @cicampbe

I love the guy, but Scott Mitchell was so annoying the last 2 minutes!!

1 1

RedLine
        Ute Fan
        @redline

I thought Riley was worse in questioning the Utah coaching decisions. At least Mitchell has played in the leagued and been in close games like that one.

Brettski
          Ute Fan
          @brettski

Yeah. They can be so much better. I miss Marcroft.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Yes, if Barnes didn’t throw a pick 6, they would not have needed more points to win. The conservative play calling was fine.

MotherJabubu
        Ute Fan
        @motherjabubu

They were both pretty sour because it certainly seemed like Utah blew the game. I fired off some no too happy text messages after the punt return

Andy
      Ute Fan
      @phatmanandy86

I still want to know what Whitt was yelling at the officials at the end there.

bopahull
        Ute Fan
        @bopahull

The ref apparently told Whitt that it would be against the rules for him to call a timeout after Riley’s timeout even after running another play. Whit said it was straightened out.

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

They talked about it a bit on the coaches’ show. There is a somewhat new rule to not allow back to back timeouts by the same team. I think Whitt was giving them heads up on a timeout and they misunderstood when he intended. The confusion almost made us kick from the hash but USC called a timeout and allowed Utah to run the play to center the ball. Whitt saw it as a miscommunication.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

Everytime I watch that punt return, my eyes are drawn to Bishop. He comes down the right side of the screen and gets passed by Branch, ending up about 5 yards behind. Branch is supposed to be pretty darned fast and Bishop not only runs him down but gets in front.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Bishop definitely has NFL written all over him. I can definitely see him going somewhere in the 2nd-3r RD of the draft. In a way it’s kind of sad because I’d love to keep him in Utah as much as possible.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah Radio broadcast of the Utah-USC Ending