Utah reportedly still in the running for Akana

Viewing 2 reply threads

KoolWhitt
      Ute Fan
      @koolwhitt

247 sports just posted a video discussing some high profile recruits, and discussed the state of Utah’s #1 rated player, Tausili Akana.

Both experts agree that Oklahoma is the leader in the clubhouse to sign him, with Texas and LSU also strong candidates, but both also mentioned that Utah is in contention due to a strong late surge. To quote:

Steve Wiltfong: “Utah I believe is making a late push.”

Blair Angulo: “I have heard that Utah is making a really strong push there … although [Utah] is not his home state, it has felt like home, so I like the Utes right now making a late push.”

Would absolutely love to add Akana to this years’ class and super excited to hear we are still in the running. Six days left to signing day; keeping fingers crossed!

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

This would be an amazing flip.  I have watched this kid many times.  He is an excellent football player who could make an immediate impact.

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Would be huge. However, I’m always inclined to believe the most recent crystal ball, which was to Oklahoma just couple days ago.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Oklahoma is a dumpster fire right now.  They have a dozen kids in the portal.  I hope Akana considers this when making his decision.  Regardless, I wish him the best in his college career.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah reportedly still in the running for Akana