Viewing 3 reply threads

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

So we’ll only lose by 17.

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

I suspect this game will be a shoot out. Should be fun to watch, what with neither side playing defense right now. Very #pac12afterdark.

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

We don’t have the offensive fire power to get into a shoot out. We’re averaging 18.6 ppg against teams not named North Dakota or San Jose State.

Xanthis
          Ute Fan
          @xanthis

Its all been part of the long con to get UCLA. 

ladyinred
          Ute Fan
          @ladyinred

I hear you, but we didn’t have a lot of offensive firepower last year either, yet a shootout with UCLA is exactly what happened.

We don’t have Joe this year, but we do have a better group of WR’s and Huntley.

Plus UCLA is not playing great defense right now. I’m not confident at all that we win, but I still think it has all the makings of a shoot out.

UteThunder
            Ute Fan
            @utethunder

Good point. Still though, I expect a game in the teens or low twenties for both teams. 

alharmon
            @alharmon

UCLA held Oregon to 14 points….

ladyinred
              Ute Fan
              @ladyinred

I would argue that Oregon game has been the exception rather than the rule for them.

They were gashed by TAM, Memphis, Arizona, Washington, Stanford…

Again, I’m not confident Utah wins this game at all. But it’s fair to say UCLA is not playing great defense this year. 

dleto
                Ute Fan
                @dleto

Oregon’s defense has been terrible all year.  And yet we couldn’t score against them.  I don’t see that suddenly changing against UCLA.

Staples
        Ute Fan
        @staples

In keeping with the unpredictable nature of #Pac12AfterDark, it will probably be a 6-3 ballgame with the 6 coming courtesy of a missed extra point.

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

Utah is becoming this seasons ‘slump buster’ for the rest of the Pac-12. 

SteelUte
      Ute Fan
      @steelute

5 point favorites? Seriously Vegas? What do you know. I finally stopped picking the Utes to win in the Pick’em.  Sorry. I hope they win. I just really can’t afford to not win those sweet red kicks.  Until I see something, I’m going with the other side.  

Also, on the poll. I really think we should try keeping a staff together for two consecutive years, see what happens when all the players understand the system and their roles in it.  

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

What if the results in the first year of that system are worse than any of the first year’s in any of the other systems?

I know it would be madness to hire another OC after this year, but sticking with arguably the worst OC we’ve had since Whit took over would be just as crazy, maybe more so.

noneyadb
          Ute Fan
          @noneyadb

An OC can’t do much if the o-line can’t block…

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utes open as a 5 point favorite against UCLA