Viewing 20 reply threads

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Who’s watching with me?

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Hate Oregon’s full court press. Wish we could punish them over and over for it. So passive.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

At least it’s at best a net neutral for Oregon rather than a back breaker like in years past.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Holy ■■■■ gach just teleported down the court.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Both Gach dunk:

2 2

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

You guys are lame.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Richardson is a good player. He gets all of the calls. Even when you smack someone in the face.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Frustrating.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Utes are playing better than I expected so close to getting over the hump. Also Oregon is getting in foul trouble. It’s TIMMY! Time.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Full court press? How do you break it? Taller more athletic players? Oregon is just like remember your place with that press. It is so demoralizing.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

We are handling it better tonight.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

FLOPPPPPP!!

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Oregon is on their heels you gotta keep punching them.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

GACH lookin’ good this afternoon.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Just wish one more guy would step up. Allen has had a rough outing.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Career high. Jones is going to be so good going forward. Smart kid

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

What a great game so far! A Timmy Allen three at the end of the shot clock is not what we need. Gach is playing great but man, he takes way too much time to decide what he is going to do sometimes. We need to get into our sets earlier.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

clearly a team that lacks experience. Timmy Allen should not be shooting a three to tie the game with less than 30 seconds left on the clock. That being said, they played hard. The press is really hard for a team like Utah because it takes a ton of extra time off the shot clock, which results in a lot of late in the shot clock desparation shots.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Fell short, but I am not terribly upset. Good job Utes. Learn and grow from this.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

GG. I see improvement. A few mistakes late. A few calls going toward the visitor. Feel like Richardson has 10 fouls to give. Also pivot foot swap makes you better than you really are.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Points in the paint and second chance points.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Cell coverage in the Hunty is nonexistant. 

1 1

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

That’s why people don’t come. 

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

If only someone could crack the Wifi Password for UTPress…..

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

Notwithstanding the loss, I do like this team overall. If this team can continue to develop, and with some additional talent coming in next year, I think we’ll be fine.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

A lot to like about this basketball team. Clearly we have youth related issues at times, but the team plays hard and has talent.

Jantunen continues to impress me with his hustle. Jones has better vision than any college point guard I remember watching (too young for Andre in college). Imagine how good he’ll be as a senior with other experienced guys around him.

Allen is a great leader but he just doesn’t have the requisite skills to be a top notch player. He is very good at what he does, but he is severely limited and it shows. If he is your best player you aren’t going to win games against disciplined teams with more talent.

I believe Gach will be this teams go to player in the coming years. He will be Delon with three point shooting.

If Carlson can bulk up and become our traditional big we are set with him and Thioune down low. Not sure what Battin’s deal is. He passes up a ton of open looks only to make questionable passes.

Redblood
      Ute Fan
      @redblood

I’ll just say you’re choking if you don’t show up. These guys are way fun to watch. Play hard, and are athletic and skilled. Future is bright if the right players stay. I think it’s different this time and they will stay. If they do you’re gonna want to be there.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

One way is keep Allen down near the basket, aggressively try to move it up the court, then I like our chances with Allen down low before the defense sets. Unfortunately, they were keeping #1 back guarding the rim and we needed another reliable ball handler to break the press. Still, like Colo, we were able to get him to make dumb fouls. So, I would like to see Allen with the ball at the end when we break the press. The press was killing our ability to get into an offense with time to spare even though it did not produce turnovers. I think Oregon paid attention to where Allen was and it could pull someone off the press.

Viewing 20 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.