Was Scalley expected to become the next Utah Head Coach?

Viewing 5 reply threads

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

This is what I have read recently. Is it true?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

A few have theorized that Whitt will be around for a few more years, then yes. 

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Considering Utah’s tier 3 destination status, does that feel like we’d be shooting low?

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Perhaps.  One might “hope” that we are a great destination for a high end coach. 

User Suspended
      @a2ute

As far a kwhitt is/was thinking…. yes.

Be interesting to see the balls of the Utah new AD ( whatever his name is).  Will he break the bubble mentality and politics or circle the wagons? Or think progressively like Dr. Chris Hill.

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

*Progressively* like Hill’s expensive long term contract with Coach K.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

From the outside looking in, that seemed to be the case. The new contract and the fact he stayed after last season when he could have taken HC job somewhere else. I don’t see how it’s possible now, even if he doesn’t get fired.

5 4

CB
      Ute Fan
      @solidhobo

@Pace – Not sure why Harlan would feel the need to “break the bubble” when Utah has been consistently ranked in the top 25. We were a G5 school less then a decade ago, and so for you to have the desire for him to “think progressively” and hire an outsider with a certain skin color (which is the textbook definition of racism btw so good job) doesn’t make sense. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it right? But I know you think it is broke: care to enlighten me on why that is?

1 13

User Suspended
        @a2ute

kwhitt is gone in the next 2-5 years I can tell.

The question is, once he hangs it up, what does the UofU want to represent to the nation/world…regarding the future of of UofU football and the University going forward. Kwhitt is a bubble coach, likes his regional connections which are basically, mormon (white and Polynesian) or the black player who played at Utah and can fit the mold.

Urban was a trailblazer for Ute football. An outsider, who got the mormon thing but could be bigger than that.

The Utah AD has a shot to make a bold statement, It doesn’t need to be a “minority” but it needs to be a bubble busting coach….. or we can be the byu light school in the PAC12 and try really hard.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

You’re right Pace, Coach Whitt would never look for a recruit outside of the west region. I mean, he would never allow recruiting in places like Texas, Florida or Lousiana. That’s way too outside the bubble for his liking.

AlohaUte
          Ute Fan
          @alohaute

Boy I’ve seen some bad takes in my day on UteHub, but this could be the worst. I wouldn’t be at all shocked if Whitt were gone in the next 5 years, but your marginalization of Whittingham and essentially saying his is mediocre and not really very good, is completely asinine and stupid.

//r00t4Utes
      Ute Fan
      @r00t4utes

This coming from a Michigan fan where all they do is hire “their guy”. Rich Rod being the exception and while he was their 2yrs he was pretty much run out after his first year.

Utah doesn’t have the prestige of a Michigan, Ohio St or any of the Cali schools. I think they believed Scalley as a top tier HC candidate and where doing all they could to show him he would be the next guy. So that way he wouldn’t leave for another HC job and wouldn’t leave for a bigger brand if he had big time success as a HC for Utah, like Urban did.

Again IMO, Scalley was shown much loyalty from Utah, add to that Utah was his dream school and job they were going all in that he would be a success and would stay.

That’s not speaking towards these recent events that may change things.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Was Scalley expected to become the next Utah Head Coach?