we need a PG transfer.

Viewing 3 reply threads

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

We need a real point guard to take over what worster is doing in order to be competitive. We need someone to create their own shot / create plays. 3 PGs that are being targeted via portal:

Mike Mitchell Jr., Pepperdine

Mike Meadows, Portland

Taran Armstrong, Cal Baptist

I’ve see all 3 play and Mike Mitchell is the most promising. In the past, I recall 2 transfer guards that have changed the chemistry or our team; Jarred Dubois (LMU) and Justin Bibbins (LBSU). As long as Worster is running the point, we cannot build any traction.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Aaaaaah…Justin Bibbins…one of my favorite all-time Utes, even if he only played one season with us. He was literally the “Little Engine That Could”…that kid had the heart of a lion…how I wish we could get a few guys like him…

CoyoteUte
        Ute Fan
        @coyoteute

Yeah watching Nowell for KSU this tourney reminded me a lot of Bibbins. We really need a more consistent play maker at point. Rollie would be better served running the 2nd unit, and being the 6th or 7th man in my opinion.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

Rollie would be better served running the 2nd unit, and being the 6th or 7th man in my opinion.

My opinion is that Utah’s roster is entirely filled with this type of player with the possible exception of Carlson. Any future success is really all down to Smith and his staff and how well they can recruit and develop players. Also crazy to think that the best basketball school in this state is UVU. Where Utah went to Boulder and got blown out, UVU went to Boulder recently and blew the Buffs out there in the NIT.

8 1

Ute2
            Ute Fan
            @ute2

Bless your heart.  There is this school in Logan that beat UVU and made the tourney this year…

The rebuild is on schedule.  Relax and let Smith work his magic.  

D T
              Ute Fan
              @azute1

I believe we need to wait things out two more seasons on Smith….He needs to have us back in the Tourney by then to satisfy me, IF not by next season.

Ute2
                Ute Fan
                @ute2

Yeah, I think that’s fair although I’ll temper expectations if we lose Carlson.  That’ll hurt and set things back a bit. 

3 6

The Miami Ute
              Ute Fan
              @themiamiute

Well now…shill alert…is Utah State still playing? LOL..I have no choice but to let Smith “work his magic” as you so profoundly exclaim, seeing as he’s got four more years left on his contract. Hell, it wouldn’t surprise me if Harlan the Magician extends Smith next year if the Utes once again put up a “winning” season. As Mike Florio once famously said, and I paraphrase, dysfunctional programs make dysfunctional decisions.
              Thank God I still have Miami to watch in basketball.

Ute2
                Ute Fan
                @ute2

You’ve convinced me.  Fire his a$$ because this thing ain’t working out.

Harlan better watch his back too.

And UVU is definitely the best team in the state.  

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Delon was a transfer. He definitely changed things.

1 1

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

And s SG transfer and a wing scoring transfer and a power forward transfer and a center transfer and a 6th man who can put up 10 ppg transfer and….

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) we need a PG transfer.