What a game!!! …and Massey Stuff

Viewing 0 reply threads

St George Ute
      Ute Fan
      @stgeorgeute

First of all, I had a great time Saturday night! One of my closest friends texted me at noon Saturday saying he had an extra ticket to the game and asked if I wanted it. Hell YES!!! I hit the road a little before 1pm and made it to Salt Lake around 5:30 (traffic was backed up South of Cedar due to an accident). Made it to my seat just in time for the National Anthem.

Wow! What a game! That may be the most complete game I’ve seen since the Sugar Bowl! Keep it up boys! The South and the Conference are there for the taking, go get it!

On a side note, looking at the updated Massey Ratings, and extrapolating final win-loss records from their numbers, here’s how things look:

North:

Washington (9-3, 7-2)

Wash St (9-3, 7-2)

Stanford (8-4, 6-3)

Oregon (8-4, 5-4)

Cal (5-7, 2-7)

Oregon St (1-11, 0-9)

Numbers have UW favored to win the Apple Cup, but with only 53%. Winner of that game is likely the North champ. That will be a fun one to watch, and I’d love another shot at either of them in the title game.

South:

Utah (9-3, 6-3) Utah now holds the tie-breaker against USC, Woot! Woot!

USC (7-5, 6-3)

Colorado (8-4, 5-4)

ASU (5-7, 3-6)

Arizona (4-8, 3-6)

UCLA (3-9, 3-6)

Utah’s lowest probability of winning is against Colorado (66%). If the Utes were to lose that and win the rest, then CO has to lose two more and USC needs to lose one more for Utah to keep the top spot. Let’s just win out so we don’t have to worry about that.

Other notables:

Bama (12-0)

Clemson (12-0)

Notre Dame (11-1)

LSU (10-2)

Michigan (10-2)

Ohio St (10-2)

Oklahoma (10-2)

Utah State (10-2) Would win their division and play San Diego State in their championship game

BYU (7-5)

Boise State (8-4)

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What a game!!! …and Massey Stuff